EResidency Appointment :o)

Well, that surprised me.

Sent email off to the eResidency people at MAS on 9th April and got a reply today with an appointment for the 17th September.

Happy days.

Thanks to the advice from you guy's

Ken

Just been looking at what forms I need to fill in and somewhat confused as to what form/s I need so hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

Both me and my wife are UK citizens and will be working in Malta.

I believe the following forms are needed:

Form A
Form P

Many thanks

Its Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A the latter is for Permanent Residence.

..... and all details can be obtained at the new website below!

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … dence.aspx

See below -

EU nationals

Economic Self Sufficiency- CEA Form J
     Study- CEA Form M
     Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A
     Family Members - CEA Form F
     Permanent Residence- CEA Form P

Hi Ken,

what email did you use to get the appointment for the ID? :)

Hi mada3

We also got our appointment date by e-mail today for the 16th of September. It came from eresidence.mhas(at)gov.mt

mada3 wrote:

Hi Ken,

what email did you use to get the appointment for the ID? :)

In order to set up an appointment send an email to [email protected]

I sent it to - eresidence.mfa[at]gov.mt but reply was on - eresidence.mhas(at)gov.mt

Same here SMeddie :)

Thank you both a lot! I will try that :)

Rocking Ken -If you're still puzzled about the residence classification - Read through the link below. It's from another forum

http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ … 5866#55866

Permanent Residence

Once the EU national (and his/her family members) has lived in Malta for a continuous period of five years or else as provided for in Regulation 6 of the abovementioned Order, s/he is entitled to apply for confirmation of permanent residence. S/he will have to be living in Malta and be in employment, or self-employment, or as a student or as an economically self-sufficient person throughout the five year period. For residence in Malta to be considered continuous one must not have been absent from Malta for more than six months each year. Longer absences for compulsory military service will not affect such residence. Additionally, a single absence of a maximum of 12 months for important reasons such as pregnancy, child birth, serious illness, study, vocational training or posting overseas, will also not affect the required continuous residence.

Source - gozomark (britishexpat)

Thanks

Hi SMeddie,

Many thanks for this, all sorted now.

Ken

I got my date today 7th October

Rocking Ken wrote:

Just been looking at what forms I need to fill in and somewhat confused as to what form/s I need so hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

Form A
Form P

Many thanks

its form A if you are working when you apply (otherwise J), and form ID1A

georgeingozo wrote:
Rocking Ken wrote:

Form A
Form P

Many thanks

its form A if you are working when you apply (otherwise J), and form ID1A

Hi GnG

Whats form ID1A?

Thanks

its on the ministry website - its the ID part of the process, the other is the residency

right at the bottom

Form ID 1A - Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … Form_F.pdf

georgeingozo wrote:

right at the bottom

Form ID 1A - Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … Form_F.pdf

Thanks GnG

So we have to fill-out both forms - and if you're applying for your spouse as well - Four forms.

Is that the case?

yes

georgeingozo wrote:

yes

GnG

You're a star - Didn't know this!

Thanks

Hi SMeddie / GnG

Just answered my questions, thanks...

SO I now have 5 months to get to Malta and settle in before our appointment. Hoping to do it in the next 3 months :D

Ken

Please confirm that if not working we do not need to fill in these forms, thanks.

redmik wrote:

Please confirm that if not working we do not need to fill in these forms, thanks.

Redmik - If not working then it's the - Economic Self Sufficiency- CEA Form J.

The Form ID 1A - Is the Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals (Meaning its mandatory)

But GnG will clarify.

Thanks

Just seen this -

All Foreign Nationals

- The application needs to be submitted in person and all supporting documentation presented.
- Each applicant must also fill up form ID 1A
- The old ID card and residence documentation (with the exception of residence permit stickers affixed on the passports) has to be returned to this Department upon an application for the new residence document being made.
- If the card has been lost or stolen, the applicant needs to present us with a police report.

Here -  http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … dence.aspx

Thanks

Just to confirm, I also got an appointment email today. Seems that they've very recently gone through the email backlog and assigned people appointment dates.

Crazy that they're so far in the future - but then I'm not sure what they expected given that current ID cards were supposed to be invalidated as well.

SMeddie wrote:
redmik wrote:

The Form ID 1A - Is the Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals (Meaning its mandatory)

But GnG will clarify.

Thanks

correct

id cards have been extended to November 2013 - not sure about any extension to the residency certs

SMeddie wrote:

Clarify not working??

Retired

or

Able to work but unable to find employment

or

Both

K

its not "not working" but self sufficient - includes retired

georgeingozo wrote:

its not "not working" but self sufficient - includes retired

Thanks GnG

its about how you show you wont be a financial burden on the state - will you live of salary, or will it be savings/pensions

georgeingozo wrote:

its about how you show you wont be a financial burden on the state - will you live of salary, or will it be savings/pensions

yes I've got all of that, just querying two forms I hadn't previously come across.
All else is 'sorted', thanks.
Just thrown in the white flag re tax and contacted John Huber :)
'Scubaboy' is also being a real help, I recommend him for money transfers etc.
As far as I can see, everything is 'Go' for final move, just waiting out the countdown to final move - 83 days to go!!
And, our daughter's wedding in 37 days, which is the only reason we are still here and not back in our apartment in Xaghra - sigh!!

Mick,

They are making everyone fill in the E-ID form know, please note though there is a Box that says on it your do not want an e-ID.  So in my opinion this means that you dont have to fill in the form.

Although for my wife and myself it was beneficial as she is running a company here and can then settle VAT online.

Thanks for the recommendation also.

Julian

scubaboy wrote:

Mick,

They are making everyone fill in the E-ID form know, please note though there is a Box that says on it your do not want an e-ID.  So in my opinion this means that you dont have to fill in the form.

Although for my wife and myself it was beneficial as she is running a company here and can then settle VAT online.

Julian

even if you dont want e-ID you still fill in ID1A

scubaboy wrote:

Mick,

Julian

You have to fill in the form, its for the ID bit on the card, the "E" is so you can use the Gov. websites.
So if you tick the box not to have the EID, you wont get access to some online services.
Terry

georgeingozo wrote:

Will be living on salary once I've secured a position.

In that case which form you fill in depends on whether you
have secured a position by the day you hand in the forms.

georgeingozo wrote:

In that case which form you fill in depends on whether you
have secured a position by the day you hand in the forms.

Got you, will fill in form anyway just in case..

Thanks GnG for your guidance :D

If I already have e-ID with current 'A' ID card - should I fill this new form or not?
Does anybody know the answer?

Yes

Thank you! :)