Yellow Fever Shot

I am a new member. My name is Jerry.  I will have my first opportunity to visit Kenya (and Africa in general) for 10 weeks.
My tentative plans are to travel to at least 1 and possibly as much as 6 other countries during that period.  My research has just begun, but as neither Kenya or Uganda seem to require a yellow fever vaccine if traveling directly from (in my case) the US, the seem to make it more of a requirement if entering from another African country.  And other countries like Cameroon require it to get a visa regardless if departure country.  So it sounds like a prudent idea to get one. 
Yellow fever shots are in the range of $150 US if purchased where I live in the US.  So I am thnking, why not enter Kenya and get the vaccine as soon as I get there, as I would be in Kenya at least 10 days. 
Does anyone know the approximate cost of a yellow fever shot in Nairobi?  And where to get it?  Assuming the cost is much less than in the US, is there anything wrong with this plan ?  And should I add other shots into the plan?  Possible other countries would be Tanzania, Rwanda, Cameroon, Gambia and Senegal.
Thank you upfront
Jerry

I had to get one to travel to South Africa in August and I went to the Nairobi City Council Health department to get it done; it cost a few hundred shillings, which is less than $10.00. You could also get a shot at any hospital; I would recommend either Nairobi Hospital or Aga Khan Hospital, and this should cost around $30.00.

Thank you Anne.  And from your experience, would you suggest any other shots for someone who plans to do a lot of traveling throughout Africa?

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Since I'm not an expert on relevant shots for a wide range of African countries, if I were you, I would call the embassies of the countries you plan to travel and they would advise you accordingly.
If you don't mind my asking, what is the focus of your research in Kenya?

Anne, your suggestion of contacting the Nairobi City Council Health department. I cannot find much info online from here in the US.  I did find this much of an address for Nairobi City Council - City Hall Plaza on City Hall Way.  Is that what you have also? And I cannot find an email address for them.  If it is almost no work for you to find it since you have already been there, that would be great. I did find emails for both of the hospitals you reommended.  Thank you.

And as to your question - Haha.  My research as you say is to bring to life many years of enchantment with Africa, and to hopefully find the country and place that will be where I want to live

Hi Jerry,

When you come to Africa, you will find that institutions don't typically reply to e-mail requests. If you plan to go with Nairobi City Council (City Hall), all you have to do is show up for your shot; the best time to show up is early in the morning on a week-day; you do not need to book an appointment. The same goes for the hospitals. When you get to Nairobi, feel free to let me know and I could take you to City Council; you could also get a taxi there and ask anyone around the building where the health department is for the yellow fever shot administration.

I hope you have a fantastic time in Africa :)

Actually Anne, the Nairobi Hospital did reply, said everything you just did, and for those who might be curious, quoted me a price of 3230 shillings for the shot.  From my travels I agree with you. Guessing less than 50% will reply to emailj. So I was happy. 

But I will try City Council Health first.  If the address is not City Hall Plaza on City Hall Way, please let me know. Because I find taxis too easy. Much more interesting to attempt the adventure of mass transportation.   

Thank you very much Anne and thank you even more for your offer as temporary "tour guide". 

Jerry

I'm glad the Hospital replied.
Yes, the address is City Hall Plaza on City Hall Way and you can easily find your way there with a taxi.

Thank you very all your advice Anne.  You are now my very first impression of Kenyan people.  What a nice impression to start with. 
Thanks again.