From Paris to Dubai

Hi everybody!

My name is Gabrielle. I'm currently living in France with my husband and our two kids of 3 and 5 years old.

As we do think to move to Dubai for a few months we have a lot of questions as you can imagine about all aspects of life : local employment market, real estate, daily life, the city of Dubai, leisures, schools for kids, health...

Do you have any infos for us to help us?? can you also give us your feelings about your living experience there?

We would be very grateful if you could help us and I look forward to hearing from u asap!

Many thanks in advance!

BR

Gabrielle

Welcome on Expat-blog Gabrielle! :)

I have moved the topic on the Dubai forum. Have a look at the Life in the United Arab Emirates guide it might help.
Good luck!

Hi Gabrielle,

The first thing to say is that you have to have a job before you can move to Dubai because you have to have an employer who will sponsor you for your residence visa. Before that, you can come on a visit visa.

Dubai has been hit by the recession like everywhere else but companies are beginning to hire again.

Real estate - do you mean to rent or buy?

Schools for kids - yes there are many but they are private and expensive.  Health - good healthcare but you must have private health insurance.

For details of daily life, the city, what do do, what to see etc etc etc, check the previous questions here on the forum, and also visit our blogs.