Playing brass music?

Does anyone here play and own (or know of someone who does) a brass instrument such as a trumpet, a horn, or a trombone? I play tuba and I was hoping to read through some quintet music while I'm living in HCMC. I realize it may be a bit of an impossible dream, but I'm putting it out into the world in any case. Perhaps there is a lode of Vietnamese or British wind players I have yet to uncover.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I've been in Ho Chi Minh city for 16 months and only saw my first Trumpet yesterday!

I played in brass bands in England for 10 years with my family but obviously sacrificed that when I came to Vietnam(I probably needed a bit of a break too..)

I didn't bring my Trumpet with me here, but might bring one when I intend to return to the UK for a few weeks in May.

Maybe sometime in the future you could count me in for a bit of a jam, keep my information and we can contact each other later in the year.

All the best,

Michael

Sounds great, Michael. Here's hoping you come back with your horn. If I get any other noise on this post I'll let you know.

I'm trying to keep my music going somehow.

Were did you see a trumpet? Was it a funeral?

Geoff

Hello, my name is Sung, I'm from Taiwan,work in Ba Ria Phu My, I play classical trumpet and jazz trumpet. I hope that I can find a symphony orchestra or wind band to join and practice with in Ho Chi Minh City, does your organization need a trumpet player or if you can provide information to me that other orchestras need trumpet players ?
if anyone want to contect to me ,please send the email : [email protected] , thank you and best regard , Sung

Sorry to report that wind players, let alone brass players, are rare in HCMC unless you are okay marching behind a funeral truck. Being a tubist, I think I would wilt too quickly.

In the two years I've been here you are the second response to my post. The first was a Brit who did not bring his horn with him. He also seemed ambivalent about playing it here, and culturally it really doesn't fit. All my attempts at making contact with other musicians here have more or less landed on deaf ears. And that is not really a pun.

Hi;
My name is Scott and I'm a music teacher here in town.
The International Orchestra is fun, nd often looks for brass players...
"Tastes Like Chicken" has 2 brass players; playing at Buddha Bar in D2 Thursday, May 14.
My email is *** - would love to see a wind band in town!
Scott

Yep I play brass, have done for 12 years. I've got a trumpet, cornet and soprano cornet and am also wondering if there are more players over there. I'll be moving to Vietnam in the next couple of weeks so if you've managed to find players or not I'm always open to the idea of starting a small band.