LOOKING FOR FLAT HOUSE_SHARE IN MALTA

Hi all

My name is Sol and I am looking to move to Malta in a week.   Need to find someplace to stay for the summer months and i would appreciate anyone who can help us in finding somewhere.  thanks sol

Hello Sol.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Malta forum.

The Housing in Malta section could help. Do not hesitate to post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for the info Aurelie.  I am heading over to Malta in one week and if there is anything you can advise me on then that would be great.  I need help in finding accommodation so any other useful links would be appreciated,  Thanks Sol.

Also Aurelie
When I check the available house share and send an email to the adverts I get a message saying that I have to use the forum more often before the message can be sent.  How do I get around this so that I can send and receive messages.  Thanks Sol

Hi sol2000,

My advice would be that you try to find a cheap place for a day or two and as soon as you get here, you could always look for flat sharing on the Times of Malta newspaper, specially on Sundays.
Have a look also on the Just Landed forum coz they normally have lots of ppl offering and looking for flat/house sharing.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for that and i will keep that on my list.  Are you in Malta at the moment, cant wait to head back as have not been back a few years. Sol

Yes, I am in Malta at the moment, I arrived just about 2 weeks ago. Before I arrived here, I booked a flat for 5 nights, for me an my family (wife and son) in Birkikara but on my fist 2 days, I have managed to rent an apartment in Mellieha, north of Malta.

That's why I told you that once you get here, you should not have problems on finding accommodation, there are plenty of places available. You will just have to contact and see few of them, to decide which one would suite you the most.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Cheerio,
Antonio

Mantones

Thank you so much.  You have given me the way to go LOL.  I will be arriving in Malta on the 29th April and would want to stay somewhere around Sliema, St Julien.  I will check the Malta Times and have done a few hours ago and found it very helpful.

Still, make sure you keep in touch, would be nice to meet you in Lovely Malta - Thanks Again Sol

Hello everybody,
we are two couples and on girl from Macedonia and we are arriving in Malta at the end of this week. We would like to find a flat/3 bedroom apartment (Sliema, Msida, St Julian) but i am confuse about the prices I'm reading on web sites. I found some big apartments for 350-400EUR but I guess the prices are without the agency fee. So can somebody tell me how high is the agency fee and is it smart for us to go with agent or find something on our own. The same apartments without agent (expat-blog.com,justlanden.com etc), are about 600-700EUR.

Thanks,
Biljana

Agency fee is usually a one off of half a months rent.