The best mobile phone operator in UAE..

Hello everyone...

Which is the best mobile phone operator in UAE according to you??
Did you have any problems with the network there??

thanks ;)

Both are pretty much the same.

Funny thing is, in my building, Etisalat sucks ...... at work, du sucks, so I have to have two phones.

However, Etisalat is installing signal boosters in my apartment building now and the technicians who are doing the work say that it might take about a month to solve the problem.

Network is pretty much hit and miss in both, so it depends on the places you frequent, one network could be better than the other in one place and vice versa in another.

Offers, prices are almost the same, but Du has - sometimes - better offers, more flexibility and better customer service.

For instance, Etisalat would not give me an iPhone on a plan (contract), unless I have a postpaid line with them for six months with regular payments first, while Du gave it to me because I had a World MasterCard (they had an offer for Platinum and World cards) ...... Photocopy the card and passport, and there you go !

Etisalat also charged me 240 AED for a router in my eLife (home connection), and it took me 3 months to fight this charge since I was told upon signup that it was free ! They have some very bureaucratic processes.

I am not familiar with Du experience.  Having been Etisalat's 'loyal' customer for more than 15 years, I find their attitude to customer is getting worse.

mjrv wrote:

I am not familiar with Du experience.  Having been Etisalat's 'loyal' customer for more than 15 years, I find their attitude to customer is getting worse.

Don't let me get into this please :(