Earthquake: Did you feel it?

I felt it somewhere between 2:00 to 2:30 PM local time. I thought I got dizzy. I searched online for any update on earthquake and there wasn't any, until my friends in Abu Dhabi told me they felt it too.

As far as I know, if you feel dizzy and it was an earthquake indeed, the intensity is magnitude 3 on a Richter's scale.

It is a very rare occurrence here.

gonzrule wrote:

I felt it somewhere between 2:00 to 2:30 PM local time. I thought I got dizzy. I searched online for any update on earthquake and there wasn't any, until my friends in Abu Dhabi told me they felt it too.

As far as I know, if you feel dizzy and it was an earthquake indeed, the intensity is magnitude 3 on a Richter's scale.

It is a very rare occurrence here.

I did my laptop and desk shook .. it was for a very few seconds but it was definitely a tremor. I'm in Riyadh btw.

Just saw it online it happened near the Iran/Pak border 8 magnitude.
http://earthquaketrack.com/quakes/2013- … utc-7-8-15

Thanks for the info. That's powerful indeed. I wonder how that would affect the desert soil here.

no one here in riyadh i know of said they felt it. not yet at least.

I felt it. Thought *I* was feeling dizzy but the other 3 guys in the room felt the same. Many in our company then discussed their experience.

Arab News
The Saudi Civil Defense Department advised citizens in the kingdom today not to believe rumors urging people to evacuate their homes after tremors from Iran's earthquake were felt in Riyadh and parts of the Eastern Province. — in Saudi Arabia.

Is it really rare here in KSA? I mean, how rare is it? A friend of mine who has been here in KSA for over twenty years told me that it was his first time to experience earthquake in KSA.

true

So, was that your first earthquake ever? :-)

gonzrule wrote:

In the last 25 years only one time very light 'after-shocks' were experienced in Al Khobar, but in few places. But this time, it was the first experience of its kind. The floors trembled for around 10 seconds. You could see your coffee shaking in the cup. So I would say, yes, we have experienced 'an earthquake' for the first time.

shikra wrote:
gonzrule wrote:

In the last 25 years only one time very light 'after-shocks' were experienced in Al Khobar, but in few places. But this time, it was the first experience of its kind. The floors trembled for around 10 seconds. You could see your coffee shaking in the cup. So I would say, yes, we have experienced 'an earthquake' for the first time.

I've experienced a lot more. The strongest one was 6 on a Richter's scale. It was very scary but no damage or whatsoever in my community