Teach English at Antalya International University

Hi, I was recently offered a job to teach English at Antalya International University, but I don't know anything about the university. I am wondering if any of you have heard something about it--good or bad. Mostly I am worried about working conditions and the location fot the university--I've heard it is a bit remote. If you have any information and could please help me, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

I don't think anyone I know works there.  It's quite far out in the boonies.  There are many places to teach English in Antalya near the city center.  Of course, the University may pay more.

Hi johaaa26,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Antalya forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi
   ıts true far from city center and also very new university. If you shelter in the campus may be you can consider to work there. weekend you can visit city.

To speak just of the transportation---Almost all teachers live in the city. The university sends a shuttle to pick up teachers in the morning. It takes about 45 minutes each way to reach campus. It could be more, depending on where you live in the city. There is one shuttle each way per day, one in the early morning, and one in the late afternoon. The shuttle does not leave campus before 5:00 or 6:00 PM, depending on the season. On Fridays it might leave earlier. On many days you can expect to spend close to 12 hours away from home. At any rate, teachers are required to stay on campus until 4:00 PM, but the only way to get home at that time is on a slow city bus.

Hey cant say i know too much about the university, but life here is good