Wanting to tour Vietnam in September

Hi, I am a 47 year old South African woman and would like to tour Vietnam in September this year.  I'm not sure if I should take a tour package (these are very pricey) or rather just buy my flight and find accomodation when I get there and as I move around.

I will be travelling alone. Is it safe for lone travellers?

Any tips or ideas?:)

Welcome to Vietnam,

You can find some reliable agencies in Vietnam with reasonable price. Just give them your details and they kindly help you plan your trip.

Buying tour package, you will be arranged all things carefully from time, accommodation, transfer, sightseeing. you won't miss any things, places.

Travel yourself is an experience, exploration freely but you may be missed things, places and knowledge of destination will be limited.

Anyway, depending on your choice.

Good luck!
Anna.

Thank you Anna, I agree that as I don't have an in depth knowledge of the country I would certainly miss things if I toured on my own.  I will look into the tours agencies in Vietnam, thank you.
Warm regards
Sheralee

VN is as safe as anywhere to travel as a single women. I've met plenty who have done so here and as long as you are sensible then you should have no problems traveling alone. It is easy to meet other travelers here and accompany each other if you wish.

This also gives you opportunity to discuss with others about places to visit. There are plenty of online resources to find those hidden treasures.

Accommodation here varies in price and luxury depending on your budget, but again it's relatively easy to find something that meets your needs.

Hi Sheralee,

Vietnam is very peaceful and beautiful. Vietnamese are also friendly. But i think you should travel with your friend rather than alone.
You can find a local accommodation on Couchsurfing website.
It'll be an interesting experience.
Try.

Hi Sheralee,

As Ann's suggestion, you should to book tour with local agent to have reasonable price. If you are traveling with another person, the tour price will be better than you alone.
To better customize your tour, you need to provide the following information:
- What hotel category are you interested in? (3, 4 or 5 star)
- Length of your trip and your preferred date of arrival?
- Places you would like to visit and any special interests?
I am working for Travel Vietnam ([link moderated] if you need us to organize tour for your trip, please feel contact me at anytime
In case you need only my suggestions & information related to your trip such as hotels, flights, tour guide, weather as other services and organize trip by yourself, please contact me via [email protected].

Hope you have a good trip in Vietnam.

Lona.

Hi ms.sheralee,
Welcomed you to pay a visit of Viet Nam!:) Vietnamese people is kind and friendly. All people here will be your friends during your trip in Viet Nam. So, dont't feel worried about traveling alone. Because it is  the first time you get here, pls.dont hesitate to contact me incase you have any question about Viet Nam: accomodation, traffic, tour, shopping, ...
My name is Hue
Hope to hear from you soon....:)

Hello sheralee,

Welcome to Vietnam!

Vietnam is safe country, so no problem traveling alone. But if you are the first time visiting Vietnam, you need to find a local tour operator help you something

- visa on arrival
- hotel
- transportation
- sightseeing...

Vietnam is offering many interesting place to visit... so let agency give you the best advise

Wish you have a great trip ahead

Dent

i am planning to visit vietnam in september, any advice on places , cities to visit would really be appreciated

thanking you in anticipation..

Gulshan

It depends how long you plan on visiting. It's a big country.
Travelling alone is not a problem and  can even have its advantages over package tours. And vice versa.
The north tends to be more scenic, but no shortage of scenery anywhere.
From big cities to small seaside towns.
What's your preference?

gulshan555 wrote:

i am planning to visit vietnam in september, any advice on places , cities to visit would really be appreciated

thanking you in anticipation..

Gulshan

Canman63 wrote:

It depends how long you plan on visiting. It's a big country.
Travelling alone is not a problem and  can even have its advantages over package tours. And vice versa.
The north tends to be more scenic, but no shortage of scenery anywhere.
From big cities to small seaside towns.
What's your preference?

Canman, this dead thread from 2013 came alive when this person posted yesterday.

The OP is long gone, likely 😉

Thanks ocean, asleep at the wheel here.

Be careful when drove in Vietnam!
Have a nice day!