Getting a visa for myself and my family

hi i am looking to move to malta from the uk and was wondering if anyone can tell me how i go about getting a visa for myself and my family. also is there a lot of work for non skilled people and what are the schools like for young kids. thank you in advance for your help :)

carolinedoyle wrote:

hi i am looking to move to malta from the uk and was wondering if anyone can tell me how i go about getting a visa for myself and my family.

are you EU citizens ? in which case you don't need a visa

i am yes im in the uk, how do i go about it ive been following others posts like this but still no success :( thank you for your help caroline

you don't need a visa - you have a right to live here as you are an EU citizen, as long as you pass the income/capital and the healthcare cover rules

I'll send you a link covering

1. An EU citizens legal rights - residency, working, students
2. what sort of residency is available ?
3. what do I need to apply for if I want to reside in Malta ?
4. do I need to apply for residency before coming to live in Malta ?
5. do I need an accountant to apply for residency ?
6. do I need health insurance ?
6.1 Do I qualify for public health cover, and if I do, what cover do I have ? Are prescriptions free ?
7. can I work in Malta ?
7.1 How much is income tax ?
7.2 How much are social security contributions ?
8. where do I apply for my residency certificate ?
9. where can I get the residency application forms ?
10. where do I apply for my ID card ? - EDIT no longer applicable as ID cards no longer issued to foreigners
11. what documents do I need to apply for residency ?
12. can I vote in Malta ?
13.1 buying a property FAQ
13.2 selling a property FAQ
14. renting a property FAQ
15. Importing a vehicle FAQ
16. What's the procedure for importing/exporting a pet ?
17. Can I use my driving licence in Malta ?
17.1 Applying for driving licence
18. Long term residency certificate
19. EHIC

just received this 15mins ago for the British High Commission - Joseph Portelli UK in Malta - British High Commission Valletta David, The Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs (DCEA) has given us the following information which includes confirmation that residency status is not affected by any delays on the part of the DCEA.

If you have already requested an appointment, please do not send another email or letter to chase. Your residency status is not affected by any delays on the part of the DCEA.
The Department is also prepared to accept requests for appointments either by ordinary mail or email. Write to: eResidence Section, Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs, 3 Castile place, 2nd Floor, Valletta OR email:[email protected]. If you know you will be away from Malta over the summer and early autumn months, please indicate this in your request.
The DCEA is unable to send acknowledgements for receipt of emails or letters other than when your appointment is advised to you. Currently appointments are being scheduled for September.
Existing ID numbers are being transferred over to the new eResidence Cards for a variety of administrative reasons. This will mean that the same ID number can be quoted when dealing with authorities.