British Muslim Women in Mont Kiara

Assalamualykum we are planning to moove to KL in Sept inshaa allah.

Can some one please recommed islamic schools for 10,8, and 4 yr olds.

Is International Islamic School or Al Noor Islamic good?

Anyones kids studying there?

any output would be very much appreciated.

jazakallahu khairan.

hello everybody,

Salaam all,

Moved to KL from UK, was not bad but then my friends left for the summer holidays. If anyone has free time to meet up or knows of any sister's circles, let me know inshallah.

Assalamualaikum
I m a malaysian. I just got back to malaysia for good. I studied arabic in jordan and last year I finished my master studies in the UK.. I would like to offer english and/or arabic tutoring class as well as tilawah alQuran for children and adults.. if you are looking for one please contact me via ****. I dont have a malaysia number yet.

Thank you
Afra

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please do not post your phone number on the forum

Salaam sisters. I've just posted about meeting muslim sisters in KL and then I came across this. If any of you are still in KL or from KL then it would be great to meet up. I would love to meet like minded sisters in this big crazy city.

Best

Sophia

It seems that there is a good business opportunity for one of the sisters / brothers here to open an Islamic School catering to Muslim expat families?

Salam,
If anyone here know sister halaqah. lets meet up. insha allah

Salam

I'm a Muslim sister from Singapore living in Saujana. Good to get know n share inshaAllah

Salam

Pls include me in yr Halacha sisters

when will be the halaqa?

good one to have an islamic school catering

Hi, I am thinking of enrolling my 8 year old sister in kingsley next year January. We live in usj1 and where do u live? Is it troublesome to travel to the school?

Hi, I am keen on sending my sister to study arabic/quran. She is 8 years old. We live in usj 1. Can you please provide me with more information.

Salaams! There is a circle called SeekersCircle, its like a family halaqah, it usually runs by topics which last on average 10 weeks and is usually on a Saturday morning. All details can be found on "SeekersPoint KL" on Facebook
Islamic schools there are many, we choose according to what is suitable for us. My son is in Itqan International...the preschool is very good, the grade school he just started. The preschool is in Kota Damansara and the Grade school near TTDI.
Hope this info is useful. =)

Salam
Ahlan wa sahlan wa Marhaban to Malaysia!
Welcome to Malaysian hospitality

Need to know more about islamic activities in KL, PJ and neighbouring cities just email
xxx

In-shaa-Alllah will try to assist you

Wasalam
Shima Derus

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Salam
U may want to consider at - tamimi international school in usj19 or brainy bunch at i-city in usj27

Wasalam
Shima Derus

Hi
How are you finding Malaysia? I've from from the uk and I am a British Muslim But moved to putra heights I have young children. If you would like to get in touch drop me a message.

Malika

Afra I will send you a pm

dear everyone here,

Everyone is talking about muslim this and muslim that area, aint malaysia a muslim country? So im sure it shouldnt be so hard to find mosques, madressas and halal food and all...

I am from uk, leicester, i have business's here, i have never seemed to have a issue but hence i am here only 3 months of every year.

If i can assist anyone in anything feel free to message me.

Thank you

Mr FP wrote:

Everyone is talking about muslim this and muslim that

See thread title

Mr FP wrote:

aint malaysia a muslim country?

No, it is not. The population is around 60% Muslim, but it isn't a Muslim country.

Mr FP wrote:

So im sure it shouldnt be so hard to find mosques, madressas and halal food and all...

Loads of mosques and halal food .. and madrassas are all over the place because it's just the Arabic word for school.
If you mean Islamic schools, there are loads.

please call me xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Hello as salam alaikum all,

We are an American family that just relocated to KL. I'm looking to make some Muslim women friends here. Anyone in the ttdi Mont kiara damansara area?

Assalam
Im Dr zarina n im from Singapore

Salaam

Hope you are all well.

I know this thread was started a LONG time ago however, I will try my luck!

Myself and my wife are looking to move to KL in the coming months from the UK London. I've got a job in TTDI area and will be looking to live nearby.

I know I will be ok on the social aspect, however, I wanted to get some info and research if there are any areas where Muslim sisters from the UK meet up, chill, chat, etc ?

It's going to be a big move for us inshallah and I want to help my wife feeling as comfortable as possibly can.

Any help to reach out to anyone would be really appreciated and when I come over we will deliver you a Cadburys milk tray :)

Thank you

Masalams

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum

Hi all, know this is quite an old thread but hoping some new British muslim expats have moved to KL. We moved to KL about a year ago, hubby,  myself and 2 kiddies, mashallah we are loving it but would love to meet any other British muslim families with kids living here! So if there are any around please do get in touch!

@Mrs.FM I live in the Sri Hartamas area around the corner. Feel free to message me!

@Happyaslarry hi madam, if u don't mind, are u looking a maid? Should i recommend myself, i am filipina, working here around montkiara as a part time maid..if u are interested can u send me please a watsapp 0165761544..thank u and have a nice day!😊😊

Hello tetet042,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that the member Happyaslarry is no longer active on the forum.

I advise you to consult the latest job offers in the Jobs in Kuala Lumpur section. You may also add your own CV there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Salaam all, I know this is an old thread but it would be interesting to know if the British Muslim families are still there?

We are considering Malaysia as an option to move to- other contenders are Saudi or Qatar. The way Malaysians are in their discipline and manners is what appeals to us.

I have 4 kids, ranging from 15-2 years old I would like to know the thoughts in relation to:

Education ( my kids can only speak English)

Housing- cost

Weather - bearable if you're from the UK?

Friendships- especially with no family there

Ease of visa etc

Anything else that your experience has taught you.

Work- employment , for expats?

Thank you in advance

Hi education will cost you at least 4,000 RM per kid per month, so that's 12,000 soon rising to 16,000 RM per month. and that's budget schools.

Then you need about 14,000 for rent, food, transport etc with such a large family so 30,000 RM after tax. So 40,000 RM per month pre tax income. As a minimum.

Or invest 2 million USD for PR via investment visa and have a private income of 30,000 RM from investments per month. So if your net worth is in millions of dollars that can work instead of working.

If you think these are insane numbers, you should look elsewhere as Malaysia isn't  a cheap place with 4 kids.

Asalam o Alykum. What's your experience of moving in Malaysia?my self Ayesha i m from Lahore. Living here from 2012.

@Nemodot

Asalaamualaikum,I am sure you know better than me as I am looking to move to Malaysia and not yet there, but my research has shown accomodation much lower than you have quoted? Looking at videos on YT and adverts on FB Marketplace (for a small town just outside of KL) I am finding three bedroom flats/houses at around 1300 MYR a month.

For me, the packagae I am looking at, includes education, housing, and with a healthcare and utility allowance.

Just another question, can anyone recommend long term car hire/lease and a shipping company that can operate from Hertfordshire to KL?

Thanks in advance!   

@mrs khan 1

Asalaamualaikum. I am a British Pakistani Muslim looking to move to just outside KL. How are you finding it?

@nemodot  really? If those are the prices, then I have to be a millionaire to move to Malaysia. Surely there's other affordable options?

Anyone with teens and personal experience?

@RaynaRahim

Brainy Bunch has several schools in the region.  Also a Google search of Islamic International schools near Kuala Lumpur turns up a few schools not on the International School database.