Life in cebu

i am from bangalore india, living in dubai for the past many years..i speak most of the indian languages...i am seriously contemplating relocating myself to cebu and establish a small tourist oriented business ..i want to know from expats how life is in cebu and how easy or difficult to establish any biz...it would be of great help indeed...thanks in anticipation of your replies loaded with info....:)

Hello,

Nice meeting you here in Expat.com.

Im Janice, I have a expat friends in cebu, he lives there for more than years, you may aslo visit his blog inable for you to know more about the life in cebu, i think it is here in the blogs, Living in Cebu or Retiring at Cebu.

By the way, i can endorse to you him personally, contact me at 0818-959-0983. 

Thanks

schrieder wrote:

i am from bangalore india, living in dubai for the past many years..i speak most of the indian languages...i am seriously contemplating relocating myself to cebu and establish a small tourist oriented business ..i want to know from expats how life is in cebu and how easy or difficult to establish any biz...it would be of great help indeed...thanks in anticipation of your replies loaded with info....:)

The only problem will be getting permission to work or open a business in the Philippines. Not as simple as moving to Cebu and opening a business. Beware of the BIR.

http://www.dti.gov.ph/dti/index.php?p=459

[Moderated: No free ad pls]

hello:
      i am a american living in negros which is 4 hours from cebu city...i taught school in bangkok for 8 yrs...also i was the head coach for the "mumbai fighters" in india...
  good luck with your travel company...
regards
joe clough

Mate   life in cebu and the philippines is easy ( sayon in visaya)   but  business here...  well  it is not really geared for foreign investors or business owners are the law here is   u cant own one.

Sure with any country there are certain legal loop holes  but they are still thwart with danger.
Seek  legal advice with a good trustworthy lawyer here  before u listen to anyone...   if u want i can put you in touch with one that is very good and very honest though  in saying that  he is not cheap    but  if  you are seeking sound trustworthy legal advice then spending a small  amount is nothing compared to being uninformed and losing later on down the track.

I have lived here in the philippines for 5 years  and I have yet to invest  any money in any business..... Why?   come live here for awhile, learn what it takes just to live here  let alone manage a business and also staff.

Its an amazing country  with some good and bad points ( like all countries)
take care and god bless

Yes, true...Thailand is much better...Thanks for your words...