Driving Licence

from where can I apply for a driving Licence in bangalore ? I dont have citizenship of India will it cause any issue.

Easiest way is to register in a driving school. For address proof they will need 2 docs. You can get a home phone in your name for one and a letter from your HR dept for the second.

Hi Kevin_cooper
Which country are you from? You should try for International Driving Permit. Its valid in India for a certain period of time. In the meantime, consult with your local friends.. They must be able to help you out.
Cheers.. and enjoy your stay in India..! :)

Thanks for the information friend

Hi Kevin,

International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-
Attested Copy of  Valid driving licence issued.
Attested copy of  valid address proof.
Attested copy of valid  Passport.
Attested copy of valid  Visa.
Fee of Rs. 500/-.
Five passport size photograph.
Medical Form 1-A
Valid proof of Indian Nationals.
The International driving license is issued from 8.30 AM to1:00 PM from the Concerned Zonal Office

i do agree with ajexpat.. i think it the best way to do it

If you have IDP earned from your country, it should work in India for a year, you can get it converted to local licence. Please note, there is no such option of converting idp to local, you will have to follow all steps. You may read more at dlsiren.com/apply-driving-licence-online-in-bangalore

Hey I did Indian driving licence for a car as a conversion on EU car licence. And also for 2-wheeler by attending exam. Both was done by Driving School. They have all the connections with RTOs, will fill all the form and pay whatever is needed. They will issue a licence for the validity of your visa only.