Surigao, Philippines

Much have been written about tourist destinations in the Philippines like Boracay, etc. However, few knew the beauty of Surigao province which abounds unspoiled natural wonders such as the Pacific beaches, white sand, flowing fresh waters and the nice residents in the Place. I am not from Surigao but I worked there for more than five years, I love the place...

Cyril

Welcome to Expat.com and your first post.Wow sounds like a great place.Maybe will go there on my next visit.

You're no doubt right about Surigao...little known to the world yet abounds in natural beauty and possibilities.  Why not write more about Surigao?  I know I would like to know more.  Also important for people to know...particularly those contemplating visiting other than those highly publicized tourist traps in the Philippines...are such information about practical matters...cost of living, safety & security (to travel, wander about, and possibly live in), infrastructure...such as transportation, accommodations, the people, etc.  Basically, how was your experience living in Surigao?  Thanks.

April 17, 2013

I worked as a Forester in Surigao, Philippines particulary in Carmen which is bounded by another town Lanuza known for its annual surfing activities. Great Pacific coastline from Cantilan to Lanuza. The place is safe and one has to discover the many natural cool springs abounding in these places such as the Sua cool mountain spring at Ezperanza, Carmen, Surigao del Sur, unspoiled natural beauty.

I will definitely include Surigao in my itinerary when I make my trip to the Philippines.  It's a shame that I lived in RP for more than 17 years and didn't get to visit all the provinces.  The farthest I got to was Palawan and the Visayas. Thanks for info about Surigao.

Surigao was featured month ago on tv. I was amazed! Especially Dedon Island. I am from the Philippines and there's just a few places I've been to in here. Such a shame. My recent trip was in Laog in Vigan and in Pagudpud. Nice place,great food and nice people.

can you give more information about vigan,it reminds me of the Old San Juan area in Puerto Rico,besides lots of different old arts,i plan to visit there on my next trip,but not staying long in Luzon.Thanks.