Living cost at Dubai

Dear malaysia People in dubai. Can anybody from dubai help. Because im getting jobs offer from this agency from dubai.
For Senior Traffic Engineer post and the offering salary around USD8K. But im still think.....if somebody help me give me some detail of living cost at dubai...

Hello varan2804.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Dubai forum.

Do not hesitate to read the threads on Cost of living in Dubai.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Try this website as it gives cost of living for countries and cities around the world   www.numbeo.com

so many factors to consider ........

1- How big is your family, or are you single?

2- How "luxurious" do you want to live? Drive a BMW, live in Burj Khalifa, and dine every night in a nice place? Or live a medium but nice life (apartment in a nice neighborhood,nice mid-range car ..etc.) , or tighten the belt (shared accommodation, no car or a very cheap one, etc.) ? You could live in Dubai on $1K and you can live in Dubai on $100K. Let us know your expectations.

3- What else is offered with your contract? Flight, medical insurance, any allowances such as transportation/car/education allowance for the children/Visa fees for your family ....etc, some of this stuff is NOT cheap and if they provide it it means you are not paying it out of pocket.

It is generally known that cost of living in Malaysia and Dubai are pretty similar.

I have made up my mind to embark new challenge in UAE, possible latest by December this year. This is due to my recent interviews in Abu Dhabi in which i am waiting for the offer rite now. The highest bidder will be the winner. Wf regards to your salary offered, i would say it is a good offer. U can make saving at least 5k provided accommodation, utilities and general allowances, standard medical and family benefit are in the package as well.

Indeed, cost of daily consumption if you compare to Malaysia is pretty similar (i have conduct live checked on this) but on utility bills and related, i have no idea.Some said that it will ranges around hundreds to thousands per month.

It will totally depends on the lifestyle. So it is very subjective. Only time can tell when u are there.

I am not Malaysian but US$ 8000/month is a reasonable salary many expat europeans are working for similar salaries. Shared flats cost dependant on area between 1000 (270$)  - 4000 (1089 $) AED/month one room flats and bedsits between 2000 - 7000 AED dependant on where you live. I myself have just moved back to Dubai after a year in Qatar and have a 2 bedroom flat in JLT( good area near marina) for less than 6000 AED/ month. Electricity water and cooling are probably another 700AED a month 190US$ on top. Cars are cheap food is cheap and there are many other cheaper areas on Deira side of Creek if you require.