:-)

Hello Cerys.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

How can we help you?
Do you have questions?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello,

I d love  to get in touch with you I am in the cevennes (but in Ardeche's part of them ) we  are into organic gardening, cooking with wild plants, mushrooms, chestnuts and so on. 

I used to live in scotland, Aberdeen in the 90s.  Get in touch I hope I can help

Kind regards 

Cécilia

Hia again,

Well, I am not on the montpelliers side but I imagine it's similar

renting or buying is cheaper in my area than around Montpellier, renting or buying depending also on how much money you have to spend of course there is some land to buy, finding a nice place to rent can take longer, tmeto get to know whee , what, who...!

I know quite a few people who live from nature's poducts chestnuts,plants , oganic seeds...  most people here have different jobs to make ends meet if they are not rich retired , Dutch people, or "Lyonnais" who come here only two months a year in a huge villa with acres of unused fertile soil!

It is a little less dry here  than around Montpelliers I suppose,  the village where I am is 500m high   (ROCLES 07110) you can  check on google earth

There are many makets so I think you could work here as an auto entrepreneur I think, if you settle you can stop with the british scheme and tax office I think.  But  here there is so much paperwork  you'll probably need help

Best  do all this once your studies are over of course with some money n the side of course

My tip would be to come over and visit, if you have a week this summer I can invite you over , maybe we could find a time to speak on Skype see if it's a good idea

It's not diffcult to get into markets but you have to do it all year round to keep a stand ,for what I know  but if you come I ll get you to meet some friends who do the market they'll now more than myself

I teach french so if you need some lessons I have some time, maybe we can exchange some knowledge, I have only started gardening and learning about plants 2 years ago.   My boyfiend has more knowledge about gardening for my part I have been learning about edible wild plants,I am interested in their theraputicaluse too

I have good memories of my life at Aberdeen,  UNI  social life was fun, I was in the exploration society so we went hiking everywhere and around Braemar in the Cairngoms  and so on  with  uni and with friends!  I miss Scotland in a way, it as never as wild here in Fance, there is always a lovely stone village or a lost house in the middle of nowhere to remind you where you  are, a different charm! more historical signs and remnants of human medieval and prehistorcal life in France, mysteries of a different colour! I miss the celtic fairies, the rare and simple stone circles

My boyfiend moans that I like my daughter should get out of the computer to enjoy the sun today, and  have to collect some flowers for herbal teas so before the  sunset..

Give me your skype sometimes

talk to you soon

Cécile

Regards

Bye the way  the writer  Kenneth white lived close to my house and wrote "letters from Gourgounel" take a look at this book if you like you'll have an idea of the spirit of this place, it's changed of course but still...

also friends of mine had a great project but alas banks wont lend them enough so it's probably not going to happen still look at http://www.lafermedegourgounel.com/ and if you ever know some rich people who don't know what to do ; to support their  project they need 250 000€

I am new here too, welcome.  And it seems sad you  have too hug a tree lol.    Not too sure about these blog thingy's but through trial and error hope to come to grips.  I like montpellier and  travel once a week and take pictures usually , if there is an exposition for example.  Sometimes a site like this has too many options springing up and seems hard to keep track. anyhow , for now ,   enough.    Good luck and good surfing.        Jim  :cool:

Thanks for replying.    Firstly I have a wish that I can find a new place to live, at the moment i live in a small flat in Ganges,  there are six appartments that share the one door downstairs, anyone can come in and out day or night. There has been vandalising and damage done to my motocycle.  light bulds taken from the stair way and no one interested to do a bit of brushing up.   I intend to go all out early next summer to find another place.
If you give me a direction to where you are and an invite for a quick bon jour I would love to visit,  best of luck for now.   jim .

Hello ,  perhaps it can be a wee bit confusing  in the replies as to who is who or is it just me lol.   :dumbom:

Are you still in Ganges? Saw a property today that my family is interested in for a gite business. We are originally from UK. Please share feedback on area for tourism and small children? We have a school in baillargues we would like to send them to which is international. What's the area like as a whole? Any feedback welcome! Tia

Will have a think over night and perhaps tomorrow I will be more alert. For me , having lost my French language if has been very difficult,    For you, do you parle Francaise. !!