B3 Business visa

Anyone know all there is to know about B# visa. I've been told this is the best route if you want to stay in VN long term. Spoke with a visa processing company they said they can do it for me for $270 U.S. per person. By the way my wife and I are both U.S. citizens here in VN on a tourist visa. Now I've read in other places that you must have a letter from a business here willing to sponsor you. Also that once I get this visa processed by the visa processing co. or whomever, I must take it to a VN embassy outside of VN to get it approved. But it seems like the visa processing co. I'm using is saying they will send me the approved visa and when I come back into VN from Singapore the immigration folks will just give me a Be visa similar to how they do the Visa on arrival. Now I am not involved with any business person here. However, I am working on the possibility of doing an export business, and perhaps others. But it would really only involve me and maybe the hiring of some locals. The point being I have no ability to get a letter from someone.
Anyone have the low down on this issue?

Sorry for the typo. Make that a B3 visa

Vietnam Business Visas can bear the following codes: A3, B2, B3, or B4. While the maximum validity of a C1 tourist visa is one month, the Vietnam Business visa can have a longer validity of 3 months (either single or multiple entry).

According to the Immigration regulations, each foreigner who wants to enter Vietnam for the purpose of Business must have a Vietnamese visa. Applying for  one is now easier than ever before. There are two ways  to do this:

1. Apply for Vietnamese Business Visa at your nearest Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate.What you need to do is to bring your original passport, 2 passport-regulation photos and the stamping fee to the embassy or consulate (the fee varies from embassy to embassy). This method takes an average of 5 working days.

2. Apply for your Vietnamese visa online about $27 for 3-three month single entry visa or $49 for 3-month multiple entry visa. For those who enter Vietnam by air, visa on arrival is a convenient and quick option. It takes only 2-3 business days to process your visa and you will receive your approval letter by email. You can  begin your visa application with some visa agents:

www.vietnamvisa.org.vnwww.getvisavietnam.comwww.evivatour.com/vietnam_visas

How long do you want to stay here in Vietnam?

A B3 is surely not, what you need to have a long stay in Vietnam. It is limited in validity and can be renewed legally only twice.
For a long stay, you will need to have one or more of the following:

- resicence card/work permit
- job/investment
above depending one to each other

OR:

- being married to Vietnamese or Parent of a Vietnamese Child

a B3 Visa is only good for the time, getting the above paper work done.

Once again - all options might be possible. Some people manage to stay over years on a B3, and work on it, but that is not legal - only a question of not being cought.

Diazzo,

If the agency is legit and those guys there tell you that they can do it, chances are, they will be able to pull it off.  Next to the Vietnamese Immigration authorities themselves, these are the best folks to go through.  A lot of times, they have good ties to Vietnamese Immigration officials.

However, $270 is steep.  Like l3ully had mentioned, a business visa is only a precursor to a work permit and temporary resident card.  Plus, if your Vietnamese business plans are already in the work, why can't you just extend your Tourist Visas and wait for your own Work Permits and Temporary Resident Cards.  You have up to a year, with the tourist visas.

When it comes to starting your own business here, if members of your immediate family are not directly involved, you can get them dependent visas.  Vietnamese Immigration is pretty good with these.

So, again, $270 is quite expensive for something that temporary.

Cheers,
Howie

The 270 USd sounds like a Residence Card/wp for one years, but people tend to ignore the fine differences.

Tourist visa = 30 days, 2 times renew = 3 month for holiday
B3/Business visa = 3 month, 2 times renew, the time it could take the time to pass all the bureucratical hurdles

Wp/residence (1 year/2 years/3 years) - if you have passed the above, renewal is more easy, if good taxes are paid, less taxes= more hurdles for renewal, same is true for creating vietnamese meployment- You are not married to Vietnamese, hold a work contract or are innvestor.

3 years are apparently gone, however, I just have got a fresh one.  The ink is not even dry yet.

visa exemption/spouse visa - you have (married)family/sponsor in VN. You can work (limited?) in some of business from you sponsor/family.

That is roughly the way, it works. Exceptions are the rule.

Update. I found a very highly regarded travel agent that will charge me only $130.00 for the Multi B3. To tell you truthfully I really had no plans or desires for a business. Just wanted to live LT in VN. Maybe I'll just find me an Asian sweetie. Must check w/ the wife first though! ;) Ah the circular discussion how to become a long term residence on what is a pass to visit any country (visa). Really they must come up with a better way for us strange folks to live where we want, no? Thanks for for all the help and info.