Moving to Tianjin

Hi there.
I am Mallery, 26 years old from Singapore. I will be moving to Tianjin in May.

Although the reason for my move is work related, I am keen on taking the opportunity to explore China's (and the surrounding regions') best kept secrets. I am hoping to look for a group of like minded friends just to hang out and make the most of my next 3 years there!

I am also slightly apprehensive of the great china firewall and wish to find out how others have managed to cope with it.

To get over the GFW, people believe in VPN, you might need to pay monthly or yearly.
a lot of Singaporean live in Tianjin, you will find a great community here. but not sure you're going to live in down town or TEDA.
if you have a problem moving your belongings to Tianjin, just contact me.

Hi zoey!
Good to hear that there is a Singaprean community.
Is it convenient to get from downtown from TEDA? frankly I have yet to settle my accommodation.

Sure. Do you know Elite community which is at 3rd Ave in TEDA? A lot Singaporean live there. You can easily take subway to down town area, though it may take some time, about 1 hour or so.

Hi zoey!
Thanks very much for the recommendation. Do you happen to know what's the rent like in that area? Or tgr general rental in tianjin?

hi, one bedroom about RNB 4000, 2 OR 3 bedroom about RMB6000
depends on how well it's decorated and furnished.

Hi there Singaporean here as well!  I will be staying in downtown instead of TEDA and hope to know more people!  :)