I want to learn Vietnamese!

:lol::lol::lol:
Em oi!
That's not Anthony who replied to your post but me :D
Now you proved yourself that you are not qualified enough to teach Vietnamese! Better you should check alphabets and study again!

kimtran0411 wrote:

Hey Anthony,
i would like to answer your question: how many alphabets are there in Vietnamese language? 24 alphabets

charmavietnam wrote:

Yeah, many 'teachers' do experiment with students even though they do not know how many alphabets are there in Vietnamese language! :D

kimtran0411 wrote:

hey Anthony,
Do you still want to study vietnamese. I can help you. I use to teach vietnamese. i had experiment about teaching vietnamse. if you like to study with me. pls contact with me: [email protected]. thank you

kimtran0411 wrote:

Hey Anthony,
i would like to answer your question: how many alphabets are there in Vietnamese language? 24 alphabets

You missed the point kimtran0411.  charmavietnam is saying you mis-spelled the word "Experience" and instead you used the word "Experiment".  Teachers experimenting on their students are basically teachers who don't know anything.

So to use correct English, you should have written:

I used to teach Vietnamese. I had experiment experience about teaching Vietnamese. If you like....

Since you didn't say you were an English teacher, I didn't fault you for your wrong usage of English; I am just explaining charmavietnam's post.

charmavietnam wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
Em oi!
That's not Anthony who replied to your post but me :D
Now you proved yourself that you are not qualified enough to teach Vietnamese! Better you should check alphabets and study again!

kimtran0411 wrote:

Hey Anthony,

There're 29 letters in the Vietnamese alphabet: a, ă, â, b, c, d, đ, e, ê, g, h, i, k, l, m, n, o, ô, ơ, p, q, r, s, t, u, ư, v, x, y.

Maybe a Vietnamese doesn't count the a, ă, â, as three separate letters?  If so then, a ă â = 1, d đ = 1, e ê= 1, o ô ơ =1, u ư = 1.

Hmm...that would be 22 letters.  Ok try again, maybe just the vowels?  If so then, a ă â = 1, e ê= 1, o ô ơ =1, u ư = 1.

Hmm...23 letters.

So....What's five off between friends?  :cheers:

charmavietnam wrote:

Yeah, many 'teachers' do experiment with students even though they do not know how many alphabets are there in Vietnamese language! :D

kimtran0411 wrote:

hey Anthony,
Do you still want to study vietnamese. I can help you. I use to teach vietnamese. i had experiment about teaching vietnamse. if you like to study with me. pls contact with me: [email protected]. thank you

And why do you care if kimtran0411 is responding to Anthony's post that was initially written in on April 6, 2013?  About 6 months ago?  I'm sure he's probably married to a Vietnamese lady by now and learning all his Vietnamese from her.

And why do I care responding to your response to kimtran0411's response to Anthony's post that was initially written in on April 6, 2013?  About 6 months ago?  :D

Of course it is 29!
Well, so many Vietnamese don't know how many alphabets in English. Just leave it as a foreign language. But how about our own mother tongue? Whenever I see a Vietnamese who want to learn English, it's my first and second questions. I got answers 99% : English 22/24 alphabets and Vietnamese 24 alphabets :D
Actually I learned from India it's 29 in Vietnamese!
Yes, need to count all with and without diacritics because it's not same sound and meaning!

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

And why do I care responding to your response to kimtran0411's response to Anthony's post that was initially written in on April 6, 2013?  About 6 months ago?  :D

I am a Vietnamese and I am good ENOUGH at Vietnamese to confirm that there are 29 letters in Vietnamese alphabet. And importantly, why do I care responding to your post? Because I do care about Vietnamese language though you can get a quick search on Google to confirm that :)) 😃

[moderated: free ads is not allowed on the forum + pls register your school in the business directory]

Hi,
You should enroll in a good school with qualified teachers, and watch out some tempting invitations from some individuals and ads to avoid a very first regretful experience in Vietnam.:)
Enjoy your stay, then!:D

Hi friend,

It is an advantage to learn Vietnamese and live in Vietnam. It provides you a real enviroment to practice what you have learned.

Learning Vietnamese, apply it and make it yours, it is not only the matter of learning the meaning and how to speak, it is also including how to use and in which ocasions. What I mean is the word " Culture" together with learning a language.

If you have a plan to learn Vietnamese seriously, I would suggest you look for an proffessional institute to learn and make sure your have a good basic first. When you have good background, you can move ahead fast. It will be great if you have Vietnamese friends and apply what you have learned to them, too.

In Ho Chi Minh city, There are some famous professional Vietnamese teaching schools. You can take a look and do assessment by yourself.

1. Vietnalese Language Studies (VLS): lstudies.com
2. University of Social Siciences and Humanities  hcmussh.edu.vn/3cms/
3. HUFLIT Univerisity  huflit.edu.vn/home/

Best regards,
Nhi

Thanks for this info Nhi
good day

so kimtran0411 has just proved that charmavietnam is right. There are 29 letters in Vietnamese alphabets.

Looks like Annie has discovered Expat.com. Her Youtube site is very good, Learn Vietnamese with Annie. I use it all the time, she explains things very well and doesnt talk at a million miles an hour.Give it a try, its free and very helpful.

kimtran0411 wrote:

Hey Anthony,

Where do you get 24 alphabets from? Where would you even get a single alphabet with 24 letters from?

There's only one alphabet, with 29 letters, and 5 tonal marks.

Back to school for you!

Looks like Annie has discovered Expat.com. Her Youtube site is very good, Learn Vietnamese with Annie. I use it all the time, she explains things very well and doesnt talk at a million miles an hour.Give it a try, its free and very helpful.

Ugh you got me :D:D:D
Cảm ơn for visiting my site. Ah by the way, you can visit my new blog learnvietnamesewithannie(dot)com to see if there is something useful. :D
Chào và hẹn gặp lại ;)

Terry Keigh wrote:

You should study Vietnamese at *name of crappy spammy vietnamese school deleted*, I used to study there and this course took me a fair price.

Well,it has been my great pleasure to study here. They arranged classes for me according to my schedule, which is very comfortable. And my teachers are great.

I have learn new grammars and lots of new vocabularies. This helps me in day-to-day conversation with the Vietnamese Community. The location is great, it is so close to downtown. All in all I have learn a lot of Vietnamese and about Vietnamese culture here and it's so much fun.

Love your English grammar, Mr Keigh. From Australia? Really? How about from SPAMania?

Really, guys, you'll do better promoting your "school" by getting good teachers. Word of mouth travels well, and I haven't heard a single good report.

Hey, guy!
I really want to make friend with you and like to teach you vietnamese and through that i can learn E, too.
i'm a funny man, so nice to make Friend with you.

Vietnamese has only one alphabet.

:whistle:

I definitely have to meet you the next time I am in Ho Chi. Sorry! I drive on the left hand side.I was just wondering how do you say hello in American or coffee or any other of the English words. I have no trouble in understanding an American, I just can't get my head around driving on the "wrong" side of the road !

hi i would like to learn vietnamese through skype if i can. please help me please contact me on skype atitgaurav

:D  hey guy

welcome to Viet Nam  :D

gift u some idea:

1/ find a Vietnamese who can speak English and make u have inspiration to learn Vietnamese every day  :lol: 

2/ like learning swimming, u jump into teh water  :lol: so, learning language's the same

don't worry misstake => practise it every moment  :par: i'll master it

:lol:  Have a great trip in Viet Nam

tolatrang is right - find a friend who can understand your poor Vietnamese and encourage her to constantly correct you. You will never ever speak Vietnamese like a Vietnamese but in a year or two (if you work at it and have language talents) you will be able to communicate quite well. As in another post; don't let the occassional Vietnamese who refuses to understand your accented Vietnamese deter you. In fact - the whole exercise is fun because Vietnamese are beautiful people.

Im new to this forum. Im an american man living in Malaysia for almost 15 years and with luck i'll move to Vietnam this year. So I TOO need to begin learning and would appreciate any help at all when I get there, or even from now.

Im also willing to improve anyones English, especially business-English, if thats wanted.

i joined a Paltalk group where Viets are attempting to teach each other English and I offered to be the room moderator in trade for general information about living in Vietnam but the room meets at irregular times and is very disorganized. If someone here wants to start a Paltalk room to help teach basic Vietnamese it would be very appreciated im sure.

Hi all!
I'm a citizen in HoChiMinh city and I'm quite good at Vietnamese so if you are interested, I can help you to learn this language. I'm friendly and easy to get along with.
Feel free to message me!
Hope to be your friend :-)

Haha.hah.see in there have many girls wanna to help you for free. But i think best is you go to university at Dinh Tien Hoang st. Because its really studying. Almost vietnam girls in this site just findding the foreigner guys for their benefit.  So if you want to serious study, go to school

Topic "want to study Vietnamese" is always be a very HOT topic and also attract many many many youngers with HIGHLY COMPETITIVE.. wows :"( You must be took quite a long time and crazy around.

I don't know what you said Emmy.vn but your attempt was pretty interesting. I think your Mona Lisa smile might be a clue.

u can contact with  me.
i like language exchange with u
i live in hcmc near Q1

Benefits for viet girls? Im not against benefits but MUST learn the language too.

Before that though, Im coming to Saigon soon and need someone to guide me around and answer a lot of specific questions so I can determine if im going to live there or not.

i think u should make friend with some vietnamese friend and pratice with them every day, i'm learning english and i think u and me can help each orther!

If you are talking about me, i accept. How to start?

What is the average price rate per hour  from great english teacher?

Aus/leb wrote:

What is the average price rate per hour  from great english teacher?

This is the kind of post that just makes me shake my head; it's bad enough the person claiming to be an English teacher is functionally illiterate but has the audacity to claim to be a "great" English teacher. This is a good example of an oxymoron. Or maybe I'm just an old picky grouch.

IDB, who was claiming to be a great english teacher? I think they just wanted to know what it costs.

cvco wrote:

IDB, who was claiming to be a great english teacher? I think they just wanted to know what it costs.

Exactly - do they/he want to know what to charge or what to pay? Not only that, the subject is, "I want to learn Vietnamese."

Dear, in case you have much time for Vietnamese learning or decide to stay in this country for long time, so take the qualified course in order to having professional language. On contrary, for short term, learning from locals is more practical, less fee, saving time.
Personally I think EVERY LANGUAGE, PRONUNCIATION IS EVERYTHING.

I do believe wrote:
cvco wrote:

Exactly - do they/he want to know what to charge or what to pay? Not only that, the subject is, "I want to learn Vietnamese."

Alright, fair enough....they should have posted "i want to learn english, what does it cost for a good teacher?"  okok.

The way I read it was that they wanted to know what to charge someone for lessons.

colinoscapee wrote:

The way I read it was that they wanted to know what to charge someone for lessons.

I also thought they wanted to know how much to charge but was surprised that someone with such bad English would consider themselves good teachers. No offence, just how it looked to me. We once had a Philippine guy advertising here as an English teacher and his spiel was really good; so good it was obvious he was a con man. He used so many big words, I doubt any potential students could understand his post. ha ha

Closed