Rickshaw theft - the best way to upgrade your laptop

Hi,

Here is a story few weeks old

Using a rickshaw you put you bagpack on your lap and hoping not to hit any bumps or a car in that matter... and like the police report stated - a white Toyota Corolla blocked the way, passenger window opened and my colleague bagpack quickly changed its location... and owner :D

It wasn't the theft that bothers me - its a hit and run - but was the way the police handled the case once we've decided to run the extra mile of reporting it. It happened on the Banani Bridge bw Gulshan and Banani. We've reported in the Banani Police Station. Apparently the most important information was weather it was their jurisdiction or not.
- "Where did it happen? Yes, on the bridge, In the Middle, but on the banani side of the middle or the right one?"
... So it was a meter away from the center - so we had to get to the Gulshan PD office :)
There in some minutes we've explained what goes on and all, and their first question was:
- Okay, but how can we help you!?

I've wanted to post some pics, but didn't find how :) Perhaps I'll get them online if there is some interest.

BR
Stefan

Hello

Very sorry to hear this..Particularly sorry that you had to go through this in a country where there is more than 150 million muslims.

and on your offer for a coffee..... I would be interested...

zubair