Movies

I am moving to Saudi Arabia in the very near future and my girls have a ton of Disney/Pixar movies. Is there a list anywhere online of banned movies or acceptable movies? I don't want to have customs take movies away and then have to buy them new in a few years. I would rather  leave them in the States with friends. I know Little Mermaid & possibly Tinkerbell are not allowed, but a detailed list would be great. Thanks

well you shouldn't have problem with movies at Costumes, but i'd rather if you copied them on ur laptop or Hard disc and leave the DVDs at home, but for me as a Saudi i always have my laptop fully packed with pirated movies and no one asks why, or what, the most important is not to have any illegal drugs or alcohols and you'll be fine, and welcome to Saudi Arabia

Actually you can buy both Little Mermaid & Tinkerbell here in Virgin Megastore and other DVD shops. The restrictions are on Xrated movies and movies promoting other religions than Islam.

Thank you so much...I am hoping this means I can bring all of my girls movies...may check out what is being sold in the stores there first if my husband has time before out stuff is shipped.

I have heard that there is censorship procedures at customs for both dvds and books, because of that I left all my books and dvds at home. All relocation companies that I have contacted gave me this information.

Few years ago it was really a headache to bring books and Video Tapes (before the DVD's) into the country, but now the censorship procedures had easing up. You will be taking an 80-20 chances,80 for having zero issues and 20 for being asked to handover the DVD's and wait for it to be approved by the Ministry of Culture and Information in a procedure that can take months.

Its you call :D

buy an apple TV and get them all on Itunes.  physical media is annoying anyways

scarletim wrote:

I have heard that there is censorship procedures at customs for both dvds and books, because of that I left all my books and dvds at home. All relocation companies that I have contacted gave me this information.

My laptop is loaded with pirated movies and I have a ton of illegal DVD's from China.  Been in/out of country 10 times and nobody has ever said anything.  In fact, the guy at the x-ray machine seems asleep most of the time ;)

Conclusion:  don't worry about it! :D

well you dont have to bring movies with you just us the websit 123movies when you click it it shud say gomovies its really good and has every movie every came out even movies still in cinema

Find someone tech savvy and ask them to "rip" the Blu-rays/DVDs onto the laptop's drive. If they're Blu-rays I doubt they will fit so I would get them on an external SSD/HDD. If customs do get Snoopy, on the bright side you only got one external drive to deal with that will be coming back after evaluation in "months time" (What one of the person said above, take it as worst case scenario)

I think fasting is getting to u kids...she left the kingdom....check the dates before bumping lol

hamudi wrote:

I think fasting is getting to u kids...she left the kingdom....check the dates before bumping lol

lol 4 years ago. Imagine the OP coming back now and having a laugh. I didn't give much thought since it got a recent reply  :dumbom: