Car Rental

I am arriving in Mauritius March 11th and am in need of a car rental.  Unfortunately all the car rental places I have found via google are much more expensive than the cars other people have mentioned in this forum.

Can anyone recommend a good car rental place that actually charges a reasonable amount? Any idea what a reasonable amount for a monthly car rental would be?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

If you wish to have the car at the Airport, you can book through AVIS or ABC car Rental.  AVIS perhaps is more expensive.  ABC car rental website

http://www.abc-carrental.com/home.php

Otherwise, you can get cheaper fares with other rental companies but am not sure if they deliver the car at the airport or at the hotel.  You can find from them. 

Reasonable price:  I would say 1200-1500 Mauritian rupees.  But most take cash as deposit possibly.  Not all take credit card guarantee.  Try to inquire from them.

This can help

http://www.teleservices.mu/yellowpages/ … 0000000324

Cheers

Radha

Please make sure you get a car with a yellow plate(contract car) - it should be fully insured. Many people will rent their personal cars but you are taking a big risk.

Hi Scott.

I have used ABC and First Car alot and never had to pay more than 1250 rupees for a small car (Nissan March - great little car) or even a Mitsubushi Lancer 

Ivan

Ok, I was able to rent a car for about R$700 a day (approx. $23 USD) which I thought was good.  This was on the month-long rental and I had to talk him down a few times to get this price.  It does seem to be a reputable dealership (over 50 cars) and Jean Paul does seem like a nice guy.  His details are here:

Office: 4676577,Mobile:2586577,Fax: 4646203,Email:[email protected]

I would like to add a a note, this guy tried to screw me on the day of returning the car by saying I had to pay more.  It also turns out he is not legally allowed to rent these cars which I found out from someone who is in the industry.

So while he does seem like a nice guy, if you rent from him then not only will you be driving illegally he will try to add charges at the end.  Highly recommend not using him.

Hi, go to [moderated: no free ads] where u can get cars at better price. u can hav cars at Rs700 also depending on the number of days u are taking the car.

As publicity over here is not recommended,[moderated]

AKD_Car rental wrote:

As publicity over here is not recommended, please make a search over my user name and log on to our website akd holidays. See for yourself our proposed rates and models

AKD_Car Rental

Maybe you can add your company profile to the business directory so we can all benefit from it!

If someone is interested in car rental in Mauritius, I suggest you to contact the Expat.com partners : Car rental in Mauritius.

-discussion closed-

Closed