Formalities once granted the WHM visa

Hi guys,

Am actually moving to Australia next month. Have got the visa but just wanted to make sure I had covered all possible formalities :

- Do I need a return ticket ?
- Do I need a written proof that I have the necessary funds when entering Australia ? And in case does it have to be translated by an official ?
- Also do I need a health insurance ?

I believe the answer to all questions is no, but I'd love to have as many confirmation as possible.

Cheers,
t

Hi,
I guess WHM visa means working holiday visa, right ?

- Since it is a one-year visa, I really think that you would need a return ticket, but I do not find anything written about that. Generally, when you have a WHV, airline companies offer special tickets with an open return (meaning that you have a return ticket for a specific date but you can change it for free).
- When entering Australia, you will have to be able to proof that you have 3000 euros (or australian dollars) on your bank account... that means a written proof in english made by your bank.
However, in practice, it is never asked !
- A health insurance is not required. but...

laurent

ok thanks Laurent. Sorry for being slack at answering but I was actually in the process of moving my stuff fro, the UK to my folks in France, hence the delay.

Well, at the moment I don't have any return ticket but have got a job and the money, that should do...

Have you ever migrated to Australia by chance ?

sorry for the delay...
no i've never been in australia but i am very interested in going there for one year.
I am kind of passionated by australia.
That is why I know some things about australia :)

good luck