Expatriates with Children

Greetings everyone!

Recently, the Social Club in my school had conducted a survey and it has been running from school to school. What we have been doing is, we have been passing around survey leaflets which basically have questionnaires for the students who may have came to the country for following their parents. Most of the results, so far, have explained that either one of their parents are under contracts of being interns in some international organisations or companies. From the conduction so far, we have hypothesised that many parents (expatriates) send their children to international schools as we have been receiving most feedbacks from the students from international schools.

In order to achieve better perceivement, I would love to know if any of you here is an expatriate with children. Are the children sent to international schools?

I would also like to know from fellow parents -- why do expatriates send their children to international schools, but not local (government) schools?

Also, are there any parent(expatriates)who have children, aged 15-17, who their children have made the decision to be enrolled into a government school?

NOTE : Don't get me wrong, as I have nothing against international schools, and this is just a quick survey which your feedbacks will be highly contributive to our research.

Thank you so much in advance.

Cheers,

Zaff

Dear Zaff,

If not because of you, I will not have learnt that local schools accept expats' kids. But are they also going to pay the same school fees or different fees for them?

Hey Joyce!

They actually do accept expats' kids. I have a friend who is French and he's studying in a local (government) school in Shah Alam. I was quite intrigued to have known some of them who are in this situation. The chances of meeting foreign students who are studying in local school are very limited. I haven't asked anyone about the fees, as government schools in Malaysia do not require fees for the semesters. It's a good question...