Starting a business in Jogyakarta

Hi everybody,

I am interested in starting a business in Jogyakarta and i need some basic information such as:
  1. Which are the registering/incorporating procedures (laws, authorities approvals, etc)
  2. Are there any special limitations or incentives for foreign investments?
  3. How long time it will take to fully an legally start operations?
  4. Bottlenecks, if any.
  5. Any other useful information.

If any of you can help me in this topic i'll be glad to get in contact.

Thank you in advance.

Raul

Hi Raul,

if you would like to make new company, first step you have to do is going to local notary to check your company name that you'll like to use. The uniqueness of the company name must be checked to ensure that it has not been used by another Indonesian company, the process must be done through a computerized processing system, the reservation and clearance must be done by a public notary (the new computerized system for nontax state revenue payments may be accessed only by a public notary).Once the notary gets the company name approval from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, the founders can sign the deed of establishment. cost for public notary and the procedure around IDR 3.000.000 - IDR 5.000.000
after that you have to go to
1. tax office to get an tax number (NPWP) and VAT tax collector number.
2. apply to HO  (Hinder Ordinantie, HO), the permanent business trading license (Surat Izin Usaha Perdagangan, SIUP), and the registration certificate (Tanda Daftar Perusahaan, TDP) at the Licensing Agency (One Stop Shop)
3. other document like a worker security insurance etc
all of the process will take less than 2 month.

hope the information is useful and sorry if not detail because only base on my memories when i set up my company. but if you need more information I'll be glad to help. a part of that what bussines that would you build in jogjakarta?

regards
adji