Where to find a Hardware in Riyadh

i'm thinking of being creative :rolleyes: ...and maybe fix some stuffs at home...so, i'll need some pieces of wood, plywood/cardboard to do the trick...but where in Riyadh- can i find one? :/ and what's the arabic word for Hardware?
(mostly -- i am being pointed out to electronic stores) ...
I heard of a place, where you can just provide the measurements of the materials you need and they will cut it for you (not as if im doing a major construction here)...where could it be??? :sosad:

You will find the required shops in Industrial area. If driving from Airport on East Ring road, exit 17 to left, after 3rd tarffic signal all area is Industrial area.

Arabic Names:
Industrial = Sinaya
wood = Khashab
18mm Plywood = Tamantaash milli
14mm Plywood = Arbataash milli
12mm Plywood = Attnaash milli

@ saco...

@Faisal -- thanks!!! such a great help ;):one

You can approach SACO, IKEA both places gives you pre measured and custom wood / plywood pieces. Or at the same place opposite to IKEA - Building materials market you could find what you need there. In industrial city they cater to huge demands and not small pieces.

Which Saco are you referring to? I live in Riyadh, and never once in the nearly six years I've been here have I seen plywood for sale.

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:

Which Saco are you referring to? I live in Riyadh, and never once in the nearly six years I've been here have I seen plywood for sale.

Exit 17, there is IKEA and SACO there and both have plywood for sale.

Normally you can find the plywood and other wood with your local carpenter. Every area has a few of them and are usually  near to the plumber and electrician shops. They can do lot of stuff starting from basic repair, shaping to creating complete furniture for you.

I've seen these in Malaz, Murabba, Wazarat, Takhassusi, Olaya etc.

If you want more than have to go to Old Sannaiyya, there are numerous numbers of factories out there. For other hardware materials if not available at SACO, there are a few shops opposite to SACO on Takhassusi Street and anything needed for construction, decor, paint etc. is available there.

Best of luck with your art. Don't forget to post pictures