Shortly to arrive

Hi Everyone
We are moving out to Mauritius on the 15th of March, I have a 3 year contract with an engineering company in the South East of the island. I have been reading your blogs and have found tham realy helpful, Thank you!!
I have booked 5 weeks in an Apartment to enable us to explore the place and find out where we would like to live. Any suggestions on estate/letting agencies to use, or suggestions of nice spots in the south east?
:D:

Hello HC,
Regarding properties to let, you could start with having a look at this website. You can choose whatever region of Mauritius and check out what is available at what price. Like this you'll have an idea.
Cheers
Arlette

Hello FeeAcer
I have checked them out and none have property in the South East. Blue Bay looks particularly enticing but most likely expensive due to holiday lets. I would like to keep the costs down so can only afford 28000mu, I think this might be limiting me somewhat. Any other recomendations?

Hi HC,
Sorry that you didn't find anything interesting there.
Unfortunately I live in the North so I don't have any further clue on the region you are pinpointing.
All the best
Arlette

Hi HC

I live in the South East, in Pointe D'esny, it is just beside Blue bay. We have a very lovely estate agent who found a house for us in this area. If you would like her details you can PM me. There are many long term lets in this area as well as holiday lets. Are you coming alone or with a family? A lot of the houses are very big. If you need some more advice about living in this area do feel free to contact me.

Happy moving

Hi Irish Beach Girl
Yes please! Any one who can put some more properties up for viewing would be great.
I have been told that their are some local agents that you cannot access from the internet.
I am coming with my wife and we are looking for a 2-3 bed room house/apartment. We have a nice place booked for the first five weeks I am hoping that is enough to find somewhere.  We would like to get a social life going quickly, so good bars/social events advice would also would be useful.

(moderated: no free ads)

Hi HC,

Welcome to Mauritius and since you have already booked an apt for 5 weeks its a right decision. Once you come here you can go thru the news paper or meet some agents. Finding a property of your choice is not a very big challenge. I am sure you will find one in 15 days time.
Do come and meet all the other expats  so that you will have a social circle here in Mauritius.

I visited a cousin at Bay Hotel in Rivière Noire, it is a small (15 rooms and very nice place to stay, in a very good area.

Irish Beach girl - how is Pointe D'esny? We have a friend who has  two apartments for rent. one is two bedroom and the other is three bedroom right on the beach. We're looking to start a business in this area.