Moving to Thailand by September

Hi all,

This is my first dive into forum life. I am hoping to seek information and any advice on a move to Thailand by the end of the year.

My partner is Thai and we are engaged to be married. This is not likely to happen for at least 2 years so I will require a work/education/tourist visa to start with.

I am hoping to set up a new life in Thailand along with the many other expats who long to move to the land of smiles :D

I have come to understand that there are a lot of expat pit falls especially when it comes to work visa and buying property.

Although I could slip into the visa run low earning illegal kind of work, I do want the move to be perminent and therefore am seeking how to do this all officially.

I do not have a degree so my work is cut out for me.

Are there any other expat females with Thai partners with any advice?

Thanks, Jess

Hello Jess.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Jess

Sorry I am a retired bloke, but can I suggest you may get more response to your very relevant questions on a different forum. It comes out top on a Google search of "Thailand Forums." They have a special section for females, several of whom are in relationships with Thai guys.

Cross cultural relationships here can be quite testing, so good luck.

Dear
I am living in BKK for 10 years.
Please before getting marry ensure about the guy who is going to get marry with you because Thai guys and Thai girls are not stable in their relationship.
My email address is :[email protected]
If you need any assist ,I might be able to help you.
About your visa ,you can check with Thai embassy or get to immigration office of Thailand by just searching in Google.
I wish you all the best and welcome to Thailand.

welcome here to expat

can you tell me what information do you need a bout thailand?

Since he is thai you two can start a business very easily.  Another option is to get a tesl or tefol certificate and try to find a job teaching english.  No university degree necessary.  The relationships I have seen that actually do work ( and there are damn few) have a business that is the basis of the relationship.

Hello  you welcome  in thailand is very hot now     nice too meet you

On the business side of things, buying property in Thailand is very easy, but owning it... is a different thing. This also applies to a perceived business interest you may believe you have. That's when you need to confer with a lawyer of your choosing, (not by someone who may have an interst in the property or venture)for legal advice before putting in money or time. You have to know the rules of the game if you want to play.
Thailand is a great place to explore and interact with the locals. Most locals have proven to be very friendly and love to share, even if they have very little, so sweet. Enjoy your time.