Project; Get Me To Sweden!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at moving to Sweden, I am past the working holiday Visa age, at 33, I am interested in working out the best way to get to sweden. From people who have dont this. If there is any Australians on here that could help in specific, it would be great as well. I have done two other working Visas in the past Canada and UK.

I work for an international company that I may be able to get a transfer or letter of recommendation, I dont know if it works like that or what. But my primary goal is to move to Sweden and work for a year or so, and in that time I want to start a band, I play guitar and love the musicians that are in Gothenburg. There is a massive amount of excellent Swedish bands that are very successful that I want to follow in these footsteps..

Cheers everyone :-)

usually when a company transfers you internetionally they take care of the paperwork. You need more than just a letter. Have you read through this?

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/Arbeta_en.html

:D Well the Beatles did kickstart their career in Hamburg, so maybe you will kickstart yours in Goteborg

You could also try a job site like "Arbeitsformidling" I think it's called, and then search for English keywords and hope to get any hits, e.g call centre, Australian etc.

swedenbound wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at moving to Sweden, I am past the working holiday Visa age, at 33, I am interested in working out the best way to get to sweden. From people who have dont this. If there is any Australians on here that could help in specific, it would be great as well. I have done two other working Visas in the past Canada and UK.

I work for an international company that I may be able to get a transfer or letter of recommendation, I dont know if it works like that or what. But my primary goal is to move to Sweden and work for a year or so, and in that time I want to start a band, I play guitar and love the musicians that are in Gothenburg. There is a massive amount of excellent Swedish bands that are very successful that I want to follow in these footsteps..

Cheers everyone :-)