Unregistered cohabitation/ידועים בציבור visa (B1)

Hi all. This is my first post. I'm looking for some advice from British people with experience, or knowledge on applying for a B1 visa in Israel, through the "unregistered cohabitation" route (my partner is Israeli).

I found a (possibly out-dated) list of required documents from this blog.

My question relates to the following two items:
Certificate of good conduct/criminal background check.
Certificate of non-marriage.

Does anyone know which specific UK documents should be provided to Israel's MOI as proof of non-marriage, and certificate of good conduct? Also, should I have these items apostille stamped, translated, and/or converted to a format accepted by Israeli authorities?

My partner and I haven't previously had permission to reside/work in each other's countries, so we don't currently have joint bank account statements/bills/apartment leases. Could this prove to be an issue?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Ed,

The Certificate of Good Conduct is what we know as a Certified Criminal Record Check, you will need to apply for that at your hometown police department headquarters. Many countries require that it be a check that is conducted by way of both name and fingerprints, others require a name only check so you will need to check with the MOI which they require. Ususally most nations also require that this document be 'legalized' by THEIR consulate in the country where the document is issued, check that too.

I don't know how the Certificate of Non-marriage works in the UK, whether the local Registrar at Vital Statistics issues those or not. Failing that usually you can get some kind of a declaration by the External Affairs Department or other government agency that you are single. If you've previously been married then you will need an original of your Divorce Certificate or Decree Absolute of Divorce. This will also probably need to be legalized by the consulate nearest you in the UK.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks William. Your help is much appreciated. I also browsed the forum, and found this very helpful blog for people in the same situation.