Make new friends

Dear All,

i am new here wanna make friends,

i am 32 male from slough LONDON

Hello kashi123.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please tell us more about yourself?
What are your hobbies and interests?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Kashi,
Welcome to Vietnam! Have a great time.
:D

Hi... pop along to [please stop advertising]... there are many people who come here also looking to make new friends in the city.. it's a friendly bar frequented by expats and locals alike..

Hello, will have new friend,dear :)

Hello,

Nice to know you. Enjoy your time in SG!

hello kashi. have a good time n VN, want to make friend with u too, my email: [email protected]

hi, nice to meet you!!
welcome to come in VN!

hello!

Hi! :)

Hi! Welcome to my country.
I hope we are friends.
my email:[email protected]

Hi Kashi,

Welcome to Vietnam. I bet that you will have a great time here :-)

Cheers,
SS

HI Kashi,
Welcome.. enjoy your staying.

welcome to our beloved country!

hey, nice to meet you. Welcome to Vn. I wanna make friend. Who do you make friend me?

Welcome to Saigon! Hope you have great time here :)

Hi
Wellcome to HCMC

Hi Mate,

Welcome to Saigon, I`ve back from London for nearly a month... hopefully it`s not so hot for you here :D and enjoy your time.

Cheers
T

hi :P

Hi Kashi! How are you? Hope we can make friends. Email me: [email protected]

Hi,
Welcome to Vietnam!:)

facebook.com/vintagesaxophone   this is my fae book , add me :)  nice to meet you

Let's have a drink! ;)

Hoanh nghênh đến thăm Việt Nam.  Hope you enjoy your stay.  I'll be in Saigon in a week, perhaps we can meet for coffee. 

Resist the entreaties to drink alcohol.  There's way too much drinking here, "here" being both this board and the whole country.

Yeah, that's right!
Without alcohol they cannot make any acquaintance / friendship  :D
Very young girls also too much interested in that!

ChrisFox wrote:

There's way too much drinking here, "here" being both this board and the whole country.

The degree of correlation between meeting and drinking passed the threshold of annoying a long time ago on here. 

What about, you know, getting to know each other, discussing things, exchanging viewpoints, talking about books, music, films, news, politics, ideas .. this was never an issue in the USA.

Alcohol is the same toxic crap everywhere.  OTOH you've moved to a country with one the world's absolute best cuisines, and you can spend a lifetime getting to know it.  And it's really healthy.  The ordinary everyday cuisine is rich and delicious and if you don't mind paying a little more there's a haute cuisine that's simply fantastic.

Lucky to be in Saigon, at least for that (I don't like the air there), down here there aren't many really good restaurants, Saigon has a lot of them.  There's one called Ngon ("delicious") that's sensational, bình dân cuisine made really well in an elegant setting.

Welcome to Vietnam

CAO

I have been working here in Vietnam for three years, but just now I found this interesting website. Newbie here...

Welcome, Иван.  This is a good site for meeting people in your area, I've made a lot of new friends here.

You come at a good time, until a few weeks ago this forum was dominated by a clique of really nasty people who attacked newcomers and drove them away; they split off their own forum when a bunch of them got banned.  It's a lot friendlier now.

add me to [Moderated: send details in private pls]

Hello,

Nice to meet you. Hope to be friends together. Contact me - [email protected] if you need any help in Ho Chi Minh City. :)

add me to [email protected]

ChrisFox wrote:

Alcohol is the same toxic crap everywhere.  OTOH you've moved to a country with one the world's absolute best cuisines, and you can spend a lifetime getting to know it.  And it's really healthy.  The ordinary everyday cuisine is rich and delicious and if you don't mind paying a little more there's a haute cuisine that's simply fantastic.

Lucky to be in Saigon, at least for that (I don't like the air there), down here there aren't many really good restaurants, Saigon has a lot of them.  There's one called Ngon ("delicious") that's sensational, bình dân cuisine made really well in an elegant setting.

Chris do you mean Quan An Ngon on Pasteur?
Havent tried this out but heard from soooo many locals and also expats that's its catering to tourists so the quality went down. There is a really really good and authentic roof top restaurant right beside NGON. Its called the Secret Garden and jeez is the best I tried here. The location, the food and the staff. Ahh cant wait to go back to it

missmae wrote:
ChrisFox wrote:

... down here there aren't many really good restaurants, Saigon has a lot of them.  There's one called Ngon ("delicious") that's sensational, bình dân cuisine made really well in an elegant setting.

Chris do you mean Quan An Ngon on Pasteur?
Havent tried this out but heard from soooo many locals and also expats that's its catering to tourists so the quality went down. There is a really really good and authentic roof top restaurant right beside NGON. Its called the Secret Garden and jeez is the best I tried here. The location, the food and the staff. Ahh cant wait to go back to it

There are three Ngons if I'm not mistaken, Pasteur doesn't sound right.  My dentist is near there, I was just there a few days ago, I didn't recognize it as the area.  The one I'm talking about has a lot of outdoor tables and you can walk around outside and see over a dozen cooking stations. If that one has gone downhill, that's sad. When I've eaten there I've seen a lot of Vietnamese and yes a lot of tourists too.  I don't think they allow smoking inside, I usually avoid real indoor restaurants because it only takes one rude patron to ruin the meal.

I'll try Secret Garden, I read the book when I was a kid. Thanks.

:|

Hello,nice to know u

Always happy to meet people into photography, I run Saigon Photographic meetup group, I will PM you the details, we have a meeting on Thursday where we will be having presentations on lens selection, dodging and burning and composition, would be great if you can make it.

I would also be interested in the Saigon photographic meetup group. I just moved here, to District 7, and so far all I've done is explore and take pictures, so I would love to meet others who are doing similar.

Hi Cat Lady :)

Drop me an email on [email protected] and I will tell you all about it

Cheers

Paul