Muscle cars

Hello, My name is Willie. Me and my wife are really into muscle cars and performance cars in general. We are going to move to EC in the next couple years, maybe sooner. We've researched all the car importation rules etc. It looks as if we can't take any cars with us that we currently own. With that being said, has anyone out there seen any high performance cars/trucks on the roads and any shops that customize street cars? Thanks for any input you guys have..

Willie
I've seen brand new Cuda's,  and of coarse, Comarro SS's. I looked at a new SS, and as I recall, the price tag was at 80K.
There are older muscles also, but I never saw any for sale. I have also seen some nice rod projects, but they were mostly 50's and 60's Chev, GMC & Ford p/u's. I have seen those for sale.
The bottom line is, like all things in Ecuador, you can find it, but you will pay a very steep price.
Wish I had my '69 GTX 426 Hemi back. ( every one was buying Road Runners, Charger's, Malibu's, etc. so I had to buy something different ) My first new car was a '66 GTO, very nice little car. Think I paid $ 3,200.00, but it was loaded! < grin >
Oh, there are some primo builders there. They are really into cars, very good wrenches, and fantastic body work. Really big into electronics and upholstery also.
Good Luck
Neil

Neil,

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't seen too many articles online about performance cars down there. I have a few autotrader style sites that i look on from time to time for price reference etc..I did see a 2013 Mustang GT500 for 135k, guess that's the price you pay in Ecuador for performance lol. By the way, super nice cars you had back in the day!