Would love to meet expats here!

Hi Eeveryone!
I'm Irina and I'm Russian. I have recently moved to Fortaleza And live close to beiramar!
I'm very interested in Brazilian culture and language. Love spending time in the beach with my friends.
Would love to meet expats here!

Welcome to the forum Irina!

For better visibility, a new thread has been created on Fortaleza forum.;)

Harmonie

Hi Irina,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board. I hope your experience on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative. I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi there!
I also live near Beira Mar and I'm Canadian.
Are you living in Meireles?
Andy

Hi aneill,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

Haven't seen any activity from you before or I would have sent you a personal greeting long before now. As Brazil Animator and a fellow Canuck here in Brazil (for over 11 years now) it's my extreme pleasure to welcome you on board.

Cheers,

Hi there!
I arrived in the summer of 2004 really...here for a month in that winter but really doesn't count...married a Brazilian lady and we split last year, so had seven years in.
We both still live in Fortaleza.  i still see her son, who is now 12.  I first met him at the age of 4.  His real father didn't want him so I'm Dad...which is fine...he's a good kid.
My ex and I have business together...rental properties which I financed and she runs.  that's a big reason that we did not divorce, at least not yet, but the Brazilian lady I'm seeing and would like to get together with permanently might prefer a marriage, being a Catholic, so the situation might change in the future.
Where are you and how did you get here?
i have a service called Fortaleza Adventure.  Here is the link www.fortaleza-adventure.com.
I also still do voice over work having been in Canadian radio for over 35 years.
Andy

Hi there!
I see now that you are up the coast from Rio.  I actually talked to a lady who lives there some months ago through BrazilCupid.com.  She's a teacher and very nice.
Maybe you could tell me something ablut the city and whether you have been to Fortaleza.

Hi Andy,

I'm a semi-retired teacher (ESL) and came to Brazil in 2002 to build a school for poor kids in the Amazon. Went back to São Paulo afterwards, met and married a Brazilian woman which was my undoing. She took me for almost every last penny I ever had. After 5 years when I couldn't take it any longer split. Stayed with her that long because of her two boys (both from different fathers) but like you I'm dad. We're still not divorced either, because she wouldn't even talk to me for years afterward. Now we've gotten back to being friends it's just a matter of when it is strategic and convenient to do so.

Met another wonderful young woman and we've been together ever since. Have a son five years old who is my whole world. I wish I had everything I had before meeting the other one because this gal really deserves the life I tried to give to the first. I've learned that NOT having money is an advantage here in Brazil, at least you can trust people a lot more.

Macaé is the petroleum capital of Brazil and the oil platforms in the pre-sal are operated out of here. I have students at Petrobras here, their headquarters here is enormous. I've never been to Fortaleza, but one day - who knows?

Cheers,

Hi there!
There is some thought by friends that maybe my ex had this all planned from the start.  She is quite ambitions.
Anyway, the only thing about NOT having money is that you need to bring something to the table to get a person that is worthwhile.
The lady who is coming here this weekend and who I started seeing recently, is a teacher for 12 years and has 2 kids, 7 and 3.
The one thing I can promise her is that I will do the best I can for her and that it includes her kids.
Most men here are not interested in someone else's kids.

Hi there!
I just wanted to add a post on the results of my spending a couple of weekends with the lady in question, who actually lives in Sobral, about 300 km away from Fortaleza.
The is the eldest daughter of 6 adult kids and as such and as is the custom in Brazil, she gets saddled with the responsibility of taking care of her mother.
As this is the case and since I am not moving to Sobral, her family leaned on her very heavily not to leave her home.  They depend on her income as a teacher and also she is the one taking care of the mother, who I guess is around 60...not an invalid but not employable either.
This problem of family is not unique to me as I have an American friend who went through basically the same problem with a lady he met here in Brazil.
I have since moved on, not really wanting to live alone, and met a lady from Salvador (I cannot seem to find a suitable person in Fortaleza - I must be too picky, I guess!) and I'm finding out - again - how difficult long distance relationships can be.  We have not even met at this point (July) and we've been talking on Skype for 3 months already!
I'll let you know what happens but the way it's supposed to work is that she should be here for a 10 day visit by the end of the first week of July.
Andy

Hi there!
I am pretty sure I replied to your post before, but just in cxase I didn't, I think I know where you are and might have already met you.
You sound very similar to a person who was living in the same apartment building as me a few months ago.
The building is about 5-6 blocks from Beira Mar in Meireles, and is near a lot of good restaurants.
My email is [email protected].
Drop me a line.
Andy