Moving to Accra soon. Where to live?

Hi All,
We're in the process of relocating to Accra. New job and a new home. We're pretty excited. Wanted to seek advice on rental houses (with garden for our dogs), e.g. which areas are more suited for expats who need access to shopping, restaurants and any reputable pet movers we can get in contact with. Any tips on social meeting places for dog owners?

Been driving in South Africa for past 8 years. How's the road situation in Accra, safe for a newbie first time LHD person? Thanks!

Hi AdrianLTLee!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Merci, Armand! Looking forward to getting some good tips from the members!

I am sure you will enjoy Ghana together with your dogs. If you look on accraexpat.com they have a very comprehensive housing section showing the expat areas. Living in Accra very much depends on your budget. To find a house with a garden close to the centre may cost you $4000+ but further out you can get one for $1500+. Of course then you have to factor in travel time to get to places as the traffic can be dreadful at rush hour. You don't mention children but being near a school is important. As to driving, it was a shock to me at first but now I am used to it and don't find it too bad.