Help re: International Schools, Costs and the future!!

Hi there,
We are a family of 4 and we have the possibilty of locating to Delhi over the  coming months...but to be honest - feel a bit lost trying to locate any info re schools and stuff for the kids?
Might anyone help point me in the direction of good international Schools - and their costs/fee's etc... Do they have any system to differentiate themselves from each other like that of an "OFSTED" report, league tables or similar?
Like wise - areas to live, given our two boys are 4 and 7, locality to safe areas or expat communities etc...
You can tell I am new to this - but would appreciate any help you could chuck our way - advice, websites or even personal experiences??
Thanks loads in advance,
Dan

Dan,

Hello my name is Lloyd, my family and I have been living in Delhi for the past 1.5 years. Our 16 y/o son attends the American Embassy School........from what I understand it is one of the best schools in the city. They begin at the Pre School level. It is a very diverse school, about 50% American, quite a few British, and everyone is right at home.

There is also a British School as well......

Both are a bit pricey......and information is online at their respective websites.

Hope this helps.

lloyd

We're moving to New Delhi on short notice and have a 13 year-old. The American and British Schools can only place her on  waiting lists. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with Lancer's International School in Gurgaon? It appears they have great facilities and an ambitious mission statement, but I'd really like to hear from some with personal experience, who has a child in the secondary school there. Thanks in advance!

well, hi folks,if you are moving to Delhi then its a good idea..and if you are tense about the admission of your child in schools then you can go for American Embassy School or British school...you need any kinda help then inbox me ill help you...bye!

Even there are so many international schools in Delhi...like G D Goenka World School,Lotus Valley International School Noida,
NCT of Delhi....The American Embassy School in Chanakyapuri is an excellent school. Then there's a British school with many Indian teachers, a French Lycee, and small Japanese, German, and Russian schools are also available. Schools in Delhi promise not only good academic delivery, but also a range of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. Students participate in State and National level games and sports, dance and music competitions etc. Theatre, arts and Public speaking are an inherent part of most of these schools' curriculum.

Expats who wish to settle in Delhi may choose India for their studies because of affordable education costs and good standards of education. Delhi is also close to some very good schools on hill stations. There are good boarding schools on the hill stations of Nainital, Shimla, Mussoorie, and Dalhousie etc. that deliver education on the British level CISCE pattern. Most of the schools offer a range of co-curricular activities like games and sports, theatre, dance and music, gymnasium and cyber cafes. Delhi has Delhi University (main campuses in North Delhi and South Delhi), Jamia Milia Islamia (in South Delhi) and GGS Indraprastha University (Old Delhi) as its major universities providing higher education. Courses are offered in Sciences, Engineering, Commerce and Arts streams at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level. For excellence in technical courses, IIT Delhi at Hauz Khas is the best choice. Choice is yours! gOODLUCK!:)

The schools in India that are catered to expats are always pricey as they are generally covered for in most peoples employment contracts...we are forking out over 60k USD a year in school fees but I think it is worth it for your kids to feel safe, comfortable and happy.

Queenie