What about jobs in Ecuador? What is an estimated average salary?

Public salaries that are higher up on the pay grade schedule are some of the best paying. A public sector car inspection mechanic is about $1500. A public sector nurse's salary starts at $1250 for instance, but many of these jobs require a connection to get or la palanca as the locals would say.

Just a heads up to the oblivious - Ecuador is undergoing serious austerity measures by reducing salaries for public sector employees. It's a difficult time in Ecuador in terms of employment.

http://www.elcomercio.com/actualidad/re … rquia.html

I am Krishna I from India I living in Guayaquil city I want job in GAS station (petrol bunk cashier job)

Hi...
My husband  z looking forward for jobs in Ecuador  ..in field of finance  nd accounting. ..so how much  can i expect the salary to be...nd z it indian friendly  country to reside ..as v both r planning to move there ..if he successfully get a job..
Plz guide me ...

@fshan wrote:

My husband  z looking forward for jobs in Ecuador  ..in field of finance  nd accounting. ..so how much  can i expect the salary to be...nd z it indian friendly  country?

Too many variables to predict salaries.

A professional, experienced accountant hired and working in Quito for a North American company could receive compensation many times that of a contador hired by the local cable company in Nalgas de Cerdo,

Foreigners who don't speak and write fluent Spanish including Spanish legalese .. are extremely  disadvantaged these days if considering application to an Ecuadorian company.  Jobs will go to fluent Ecuadorians first, extranjeros last.

cccmedia in Quito

@amyf  thanks for your information. Can you please connect me to any of the English speaking schools? My Name is Chris. Recently join expat forum. Im moving to Ecuador with my family in August 2023

If y'all are moving to Ecuador without

Spanish language skills and with the need

for a job, you could be setting yourselves up

for major disappointment.

Why choose Ecuador?  Few locals

outside the universities and priciest hotels

speak English .. and fluent Spanish is a

requirement for almost all employment.

Consider Googling...

wikipedia territories where engish

is spoken

In Ecuador the government sets the minimum salaries for many jobs - and that de facto becomes the going rate paid for those jobs.

This link shows the minimum salary in various work sectors. For most jobs the salaries for 2023 are at or barely above the minimum $450 USD ($25 more than in 2022), which is referred to as 1 SBU (salario básico unificado). There is a link at the bottom to download the complete spreadsheet of jobs and their salaries (press the blue button labeled "Descarga tabla sectorial 2023.xls").

https://www.ecuadorlegalonline.com/labo … ctoriales/

Jobs are scarce and good jobs are even scarcer. If you don't speak fluent Spanish you should not expect to easily gain employment unless you have some scarce skill that is in high demand.

You may wish to read this expat.com guide for foreigners seeking employment in Ecuador, to get some helpful tips:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/south-am … uador.html