It's been over a month and I still cant find a job in Singapore...:(

It's been over a month and I still cant find a job in Singapore..:(
I apply online and try walk in only to find out the company only accepts online applications.

I tried agencies and they said they will help me get a job and my registration was good for a year, some agencies never contact me back and one agency was just good for one interview and never replied to my messages...:(

Does anyone know any job openings that I can apply to it will really help alot.

One month is really not long for finding a job!
Most jobs go through connections, and building a network of people you know and who can recommend you already takes several months. Also, many companies take a few weeks after an interview to decide which applicant to hire, and the EP application can take another month or so.
You didn't mention your background, and what kind of job you are looking for, so I cannot comment on your chances.
But don't put your hopes on recruitment agencies in Singapore: They are almost all useless!
As I said, the most successful way is seeking personal contact to hiring managers or people who know them. Everything else will be slow and frustrating, especially in the current anti-foreigner climate.
Good luck!

Hi, Thanks for the reply, yeah I guess I came at a hard time. I have a connection but my friend is in IT/programming and sad to say their field is very far from mine.

I have an experience as a call centre representative inclusive of 2 years supervisory experience, when I try to apply in various sites most will have a disclosure that "only Singaporeans/ PR need to apply, foreigners need not apply".

If anyone can lend a hand for possible employment ill grab it.

Cheers!

Just be patience buddy
anyway, where you come from?
kind subject of job that you want?
try jobsDB.com

Thanks for the advice, as much as I want to stay in Singapore for a  long time I don't have that luxury and my pass will expire earlier next month.

I'm from the Philippines and I preferred to get a Call Centre work is possible.

Yup I tried Jobs DB, STjobs, Gumtree, jobstreet, monster, careerjet, the straits times and anything that came in a Google search (sigh...)

It means you have experience in communication,
anyway, there's a several kind of job that match with your experience
for example, Bank Teller, Customer Service, Telemarketing, Front Liner. Try it buddy...

Thanks for the reply, yeah ill try that. Cheers!:)

Hi,

I am basically a post graduate in Mgt with 25+ yrs exp in materials/procurement. I am interested in working in singapore and have also worked in dubai/qatar. I am an Indian. If anyone can help me out,i shall be pleased to send my Cv. My mail id is [email protected]

Hello cjr123 -> You should post an advert in the Jobs in Singapore section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
If you are looking for work my company is over there doing opportunity meetings.   Let me know if you are interested.

PS I used to live in Holland Village when I was there as an expat.

-Krista

(Moderated)

Hi thanks for the reply, the problem right now is that its already 2 months and still I don't have any work and I have come at the end of my rope here...:(

Believe me when I say that I already used the service of different websites to apply, even the none popular websites that most applicants don't usually go just to get a job.

I guess it's really hard finding work here in Singapore.

Sometimes it takes more than 1 month to get a first interview. Job search can start to seem pointless by this point of time but you need to keep on looking. I also suggest to try the website Glassdoor. It doesn't only has company review but can be a great help in finding a job as well. Anyway it's been a while since the last message so I hope you got your job.

Hi

I am from India looking for jobs in any country, Can you please help me out for an job.

Rajesh.v123 wrote:

Hi

I am from India looking for jobs in any country, Can you please help me out for an job.

"In any country" is the best way to fail!
To be hired anywhere, you need to show great motivation to be exactly there, and you need to convince the potential employer that they need you and only you (despite the difficulty of hiring you as a foreigner)!
The employer couldn't care less that you want to leave where you are now.
And specific to Singapore (since you posted this in the Singapore forum): you need to be in the country (even if just on a tourist visa for a few months) to even be invited to any interview. So arrange a trip to search for a job, if you are serious!

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

Hi,

I just saw your post about opportunities in your business development company. I have an accounting back ground, would you consider me for a job opportunity in your company?

Kind regards,

Clara.

@ Clara > Do note that this is quite an old thread and you may not receive responses immediately.

As such, i will advise you to drop your CV here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/singapore/

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks for your response.