Buying a car in KSA

I need to buy a car in Jeddah. I have a two-year contract with the bank that hired me. I don't know what to do, buy a brand new car or buy a used car? I was thinking if I buy brand new, I can sell the car when I leave Jeddah in two years. Do cars in KSA generally have a good re-sale value? Or am I better off just buying a used car since I am only staying for a couple of years?

Hi,

If you are here for only two years then a second hand car will be a better option. Cars in Saudi will lose around 15% of their purchasing value the second you drive them out of the dealership store, and after the first 1000 Km added to their mileage meter they will lose around 30-40% of their original value depending on the car maker/model. Then it will drop by around 5-10% yearly.

The best cars for re-sale value are Toyota, Honda, and then American cars like Chevy and Ford.

For other cars like Hondai and Kia the first year drop can go up to 50% or even more of the original value.
The easiest cars to resell are the Toyotas followed by Honda and Chevrolet.

Cheers,

Lease to Own puts about 50% on the price of a new car.  I doubt you'd want to buy a car more than 3-4 years old (mechanical issues) Toyota Yaris is cheap with cheap parts and reliable.  Stick t black or white for resale value too.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I was thinking 4x4, after all this is Saudi Arabia :D. I heard people drive like maniacs in Jeddah so driving around in a small Yaris is a health hazard, no? :D

How much will a reliable, used Toyota cost?