Sending money home

Hey guys,

Quick question, we want to send money home to the uk, looking for some advice about the most cost effective way to do so. Currently using nbk has anyone found anything better?

I have been told that Western Union is the cheapest way to do it, and judging by the number of WU offices around it seems to be true.

Cheers ribosom, will check it out, been doing it through a bank but their rates lag a bit!!

Let us know what their rates are as I will have to start thinking about it not before long.

Will do, will check this week and come back to you

I personally use Muzaini, they have offices all over Kuwait, and they charge you 2KD to transfer money.

you will need to have the correct data tho, like bank account #, branch, address etc. in order to avoid any mistakes. and always, always, always, triple check the info before signing the form to transfer!

I just used em yesterday. banks kill you on two things; the exchange rate and the fees they charge for transfers.

hope this helps :)

Legacy, thanks thats great 2KD is great our bank is charging about 5kd plus not the best, thanks again for your advice, will check it out.

I use Al Mulla (reasonable fee and good rates) and NBK (free because they don't have a branch in my home country).

Really? We bank with NBK and we get charged a transfer fee. Mind you we may have done that because uk bank charges ridiculous amounts for recieving remittances.