Jobs in France for Americans

Greetings,

I would like to inquire how to go about getting a job in France. I am considering moving to there and I wanted to get all the necessary information in order to apply for employment within any company, firm, or organization that would hire an American without visa permit. I used to live in France when I was a teenager, so I'm fluent in the language and pretty familiar with the culture. Any suggestions would be great!

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ruth

Hi Ruth, have you taken a look at the articles in our participative guide? It may help.;)

Harmonie

Hi,

No, I haven't. But, thank you for this link and I'll be reading all of the information!

Best,
Ruth

Hi,

Did you figure out how to work in France?
I am planing to move there for a while (my husband) wants to teach English there (he just graduated with Masters in English). I graduated from a University in France back in 2008. I am fluent in French.

Thank you for sharing any advices

Best luck :)

Hi,

I have a Master's in Nonprofit Management, so I'm trying to get into that sector. I speak French fluently having lived in France as a teenager, so I can do translation work. I am certified to teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), so I'm also looking into that route for options.

Honestly, at this point I'm willing to work in any sector. I have experience in NGO, HR, Education, Multicultural/Intercultural, Finance, Program Management areas - so, I'm willing to do anything.

I'm also looking into major International NGOs in France.

Thanks for the advice!
Ruth

Hi,

How did your husband go about looking for teaching English jobs in France? That's one of the routes I'm trying to take. In the US, I teach both French and English (foreigners), so I'm used to teaching.

This might help you: http://www.theparisienexpat.com/2010/06 … -in-paris/

Please keep me posted how things are evolving, and I'll do the same! :)

Ruth (Chamindi)