Aba bank quaifications for expat?

what qualifications do you need to open up an acct at aba bank other than your passport?  I want to open up a savings acct only.

I am a ABA customer.
But did not open a savings account.
Just a normal one with a visa card.
They just asked me my passeport, my address and my phone number.

if you open up a checking acct at aba, what is your normal interest rate at aba?

is it true that on the aba high-interest checking acct, some of the profits from your interest goes to the royal family if you are a foreigner like 14% of your profit on your interest? And if you are Cambodian only 4% of your profit on your interest goes to the Royal Family?  All of this based on if you get the aba high interest checking acct.

a local told me this and I wanted to check to see if this is true or not.

And do you have to have a business in order to open a savings or checking acct with aba?

Today I was rejected for a Cambodian account with ABA. Direct Deposit from the USA SSA has a form: OMB No. 0960-0686 Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form (Cambodia). The bottom half require the "Bank Official" to sign. They would not do it??? Any comments regarding direct deposit from other countries?

Usually the problem is that officials are not allowed to sign any form that is not in Khmer language.
If that is the case here, you need to have the form translated into Khmer and then the official will sign.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team