Job offer was not the same as posted in Dev**

I applied to a job as Director of Rehabilitations for a new Center in Al Ain. The job was posted in Dev**; being an expert in special education and developmental disabilities with more than 10 years experience in the field, they contacted me back as soon as I sent my resume. The consultant recruiter set several Skype interviews so I could learm about the job and they could see if my qualifications were a good fit for the organization.
Everything went fine until I got there for the in person interview.
This recruiter consultant picked me up at the airport in Dubai and on the way to Al Ain he started to get fresh with me in the car trying to hold my hand and asking me personal questions. Fortunately he did not insist after I told him I was not confortable with that kind of treatment. I assured him that I have gone to Al Ain for business purpose and I was not looking to get involved in personal relationships while I was there. Once we were negotiating the place where I would live, he suggested I should live with him. This really bothered me and I told him that his behavior and invitations of personal nature were totally inappropriate.
Once I interviewed with the Executive Director of the place, who was very nice and professional. He requested the consultant to give me an offer. After reading the offer, I found that the salary had been reduced by 1500 US dollars per month. In addition, the transportation, accomodations, vacations time and airlines tickets have also been changed to less that what was posted in Devex.
For those to you in the UAE, what is the medium salary for a Directors position with about 50 direct reports to manage and train. I am still interested in the job but I am not getting anywhere with this consultant, he has been absolutely unprofessional and because I did not accept his advances, I believe he will not be very cooperative.
In addition, he has refuse to give me the email of the Executive Director and I would like to negotiate terms directly with him. What can I do? Please anyone can give me some feedback on how should I handle this situation?

you subject is very easy,  we r in uae  not in south africa... all what u have to do is put a complian in labour office ( which u can do it on line by the way)   and see what they will do for him.......
or tell him direct on his face,  that if u didnt get what he promissed before,  ull go to leabour office and complian,   trust me,   just tell him like that.   and see the majic effect.
la

Thanks
! For the info. Btw would you happen to have the link for the UAE labour dept?

http://www.mol.gov.ae/english/newIndex.aspxhttp://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPortal_W … 60&lang=en

firist one for dubai,  second for AD,  go for dubai office  ,  its the best.....

Many thanks. I will keep you informed.

So,  what happened????!!!!

Thanks for asking,
I told the consultant what you suggested but he has never written back. I am still interested in the job and wish I could have negotiated the terms directly with the Executive Director, otherwise I am afraid I cant trust things to be according to labor laws and ethical standards.
Do you other suggestions?
Regards
Erika

U still  in uae?

erikausa2000 wrote:

Thanks for asking,
I told the consultant what you suggested but he has never written back. I am still interested in the job and wish I could have negotiated the terms directly with the Executive Director, otherwise I am afraid I cant trust things to be according to labor laws and ethical standards.
Do you other suggestions?
Regards
Erika

Erika - the recruitment process is different here and the consultants cannot renege on the previous promises.
Don't mail him - call him and tell him! (get proactive woman!)

Also if had an interview with the Exec Director  adn know him by name - you could have just called up adn asked for an appointment - tell the secretary that you had previously met! she will put you through or confirm and get back to you be persistent on the phone (don't keep calling) and finish with the secretary after you have got what you want.
Don't go explaining your predicament to the switchboard!

hope it helps
-H