Living off compound

Hi Everyone,
                      I have been a offered a position in the Engineering section in Ras Tanura.
I have family status but do not have accomodation.
I guess I will take care of the housing after arriving.

I needded some advice regarding the following questions and would really appreciate any inputs/suggestions/advice as I am extremley confused right now.

1. Is it possible for me and my family to live in Dammam & I travel to Ras tanura everday.
    I guess Dammam is one of the bigger towns near RT.
2. What are my options to travel from Dammam to RT.
3. What are quality of schools and housing in Dammam.
4. Any other suggestions before moving to Dammam.

Thank you.

Regards,
Zues.

Welcome to Expat.com Zues!

Hope that you'll soon receive some answers.;)

Harmonie.

1. Is it possible for me and my family to live in Dammam & I travel to Ras tanura everday. Yes Very Much Possible and Tons of people do that !!

2. What are my options to travel from Dammam to RT. Your Own car is the Best bet !!

3. What are quality of schools and housing in Dammam. Its just OK !!

4. Any other suggestions before moving to Dammam. Good Luck !!

:)

Thanks a ton for your replies.

I am feeling a little better now and more confident.

Thanks.
Zues.

Lots of people are staying in Dammam and travelling on daily basis to Ras tanura. Although you'll find very calm and quite residential area in Ras tanura but if your kids are school going and you really want to put them in decent school then you need to stay in Dammam.

My experience of schools in Dammam is quite good. There are plenty of schools there and it depends on your affordibility. I've been in Dammam for last 15 years. I'm in Riyadh these days but my family is in Dammam, just to complete their school session. ISG Dahran, ISG Dammam, Al Hussaan etc are the top schools there costing between SR 2500 to 4500 per month. Other schools ranges between 500 to 2000. There are several embassy schools as well. Indian, French are good ones.

Quality of housing depends on the location. It is quite affordable compared to Riyadh where I'm staying these days.

Suggestions: If you are still in your home country then get your driving licence with you. This will help getting your driving licence here more easily and quickly.
Don't take residence in the centre of Dammam which has quite busy routes. If you wish to take compound then these are mostly available in Khobar area or on Dammam Khobar Highway. List is available (again the question of availibilty as plenty is available with different pricing)