Living in Manila - need a flat ;)

hey guys!

me and my girlfriend moved to manila yesterday.
sheŽs working for a small ngo, i am finishing my study right now.
we plan to live here for one year.
we came here a bit spontaneously with the thoughts: "it will work" :)
at the moment we live in a small hostel, but we want to have our own flat;)
we can pay about 20.000 p.
Would be nice to have internet included.
Anybody some advices for us?
Would be great, a free drink is waiting ;)

cheers

flo

Hello Flo.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Manila section could help. I suggest you to start a new thread there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I found my place on craigslist. Utilities and internet are expensive, doubt its included for only 20k. Best bet would be to get a Tattoo wifi and pay as you go, or live next to a starbucks. Are you in Makati, I believe most NGOs are there?

If Makati (I live here) there are possibilities to rent for less than 20k PHP. Depends on how much space you need :) I live in a studio condo for 10k furnished. (not really what I like though and I'm looking for bigger). Association dues are about 1600 to 2000 pesos per month and electricity is around 1500. Then you still have 5000 for extra's like internet.

I have Smart Bro stick, but omg, so frustrating. Slow and you need the right spot to get 'good' signal. They say these sticks only work until 12th floor and I live already on 10th. Not sure what's the explanation behind that. Just to say, you can better take Sky cable or PLDT with a wifi router. It will be more expensive probably (depends on the use) but at least you have your speed. I'll change once I have another apartment.

Btw, here in Makati, no free internet in Starbucks ;) They work with Globe prepaid cards.

you can post me i will very helpful person..we have a unit for rent...interested just contact me.Thanks..

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]

i suppose you can get a decent studio condo (furnished)in legaspi village or pasong tamo, i am not very sure though, internet elec and water are extra normally............ i know a few brokers, if u want plz PM me i will give you their contacts .........

best of luck.........

good day!

I just want to ask if your still searching to find a place to stay in manila??

[Moderared: Use your pm pls]

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

There are condos that have free wi-fi in the lobby/common area as well as a gym. These are included in the monthly condo dues. Agree, there are decent studios in Makati for less than P20K if you're not too concerned about the size of the place. We P2.5K a month for an internet and tv cable package so P20K is really doable.

About Starbucks, I've been avoiding coffee and sugar and Starbucks altogether but I was in one last night and they sold me a card to connect to the internet :/ They didn't have wi-fi at all so living near one now would be useless I guess

I'm looking for a place too.  I pay about 17K Pesos for a small one BR dump in Pasay City now but I think there's something cheaper and better out there.  I'd settle for a studio.  Furnished would be nice although it could just be with the basics.  I'm heading over the the Housing In Manila section but I thought I'd leave this note.

Art

hi art, i own a condo unit in salcedo village makati if you are interested to rent.

please advise.

rgds,

jhun

Hi:

Just got up and saw you message.

Yeah, at least I'd like to know more. 

How much are you asking for that unit in Salcedo Village?

Also, I've heard the name but I'm not personally familiar with where it is.  Can you tell me its location relative to, for example, Ayala and/or the MRT?

Regards,
Art

Salcedo/Lorenzo/Legaspi are all close to Greenbelt.  You can check out Craigslist, thats where I found my unit.

Oh...OK...I'll do that.

Thanks,
Art

[Moderated: Please post in Housing in Manila section]

Sorry....a little high for my budget.

Art

Hi,

If you really are looking for a flat, there is actually an apartment available, it like living like a family of your own for 15,000 pesos but its in Malate, Manila

there is a townhouse in Kaloocan city for less than 15K. just pm me if interested.

what's your budget and how long long do you need the unit?tx.

[ Moderated : No free ads on the forum. Please register your company in our business directory]

[ Moderated : For Security measures, please do not post your personal contacts over the forum ]

hi

rodella -the thread is 1 year old

[ Moderated : No Free ads on the forum please ]

May i know what location u prefer?

Hello All

As this thread is over 1 year old, I think its due time to close it ;)

Regards
Kenjee

[Topic Closed ]

Closed