Do you need family iqama status and correct profession to sponsor kids

Hi evryone im new to the forum and am thinking of moving to riyadh next summer.  Im wondering if any of you can clarify an issue with visas for me.  Ive trawled the web but cant find an answer to my question.

Ive been offered a teaching position to start after the summer id be travelling on a 90day visa and get the iqama after a few weeks. Thats grand but I have three children and they cannot enter on that visa.  I cant leave them behind.
My husband is working in riyadh he is getting his iqama soon his 6 month business visa profession is consultant but he is on a single status contract.
I am hoping my husband can sponsor the kids. Do you need a family status iqama(or is there only one kind of iqama) along with the correct profession?
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Business visa doesn't yield an Iqama; a 'work' visa does. Having an iqama is the first requirement for a family visa.

Having a good profession in Iqama is mandatory to apply and get the kids' visas. Basically a white-collar profession on Iqama suffices.

The third important thing is a degree from an accredited University.

And that's it! there are no Iqama kinds whatsoever.

One more thing, if your work contract says a 'single' status, that means neither they'll support you to bring your family, nor they'll give allownaces and facilities that Saudi labor law devises for family status employees (medical insurance, air-tickets and incresed housing allowance mainly).

Thanks for your reply.  We are willing to fund the cost of the childrens move ourselves.  Providing everything else is in place(hopefully iqama profession will be correct, hes a consultant engineer and has certified degree) should the single status contract not affect his application to sponsor the children?

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me I have not been able to find the answer anywhere.

You're welcome; that's the reason we are Expat-Blog.

An Iqama is the residential permit which is issued by the govt dept of passport. Any iqama bearing a white-collar profession supported by an accredited degree can apply for the family sposorship.

The contract is with the hiring company. In family sposonsorship regard, it has nothing to do with the govt.

The only relationship between the two above is that the employer has to issue a letter to govt department of passports authenticating the validity of a contract, specifying the duration of service and indication of sufficient remuneration (i.e. employee's ability to support the family expenses). Once you convince them that *you* will bear the cost of living, they must not have any concerns about issuing such a letter.

On a side note, do discuss with your husband's employer about possibility of conversion of single status on the contract to family. It's not considered a big deal here.

Thank you so much THE LEGENDLEADS. You have been very helpful. I thought we would not be able to join my husband and you have given me a glimmer of hope! thanks again.

Alternative:

- You can ask your employer to issue visit visa for the kids as well- since you are coming now on 90 day visa they can also join you , if you cant leave them behind.

But the problem would be, they cannot be enrolled in schools unless they have an iqama.

Agree with TLL, ask you husband to speak to his employer they need only to support him on the family status.

I will and thank you all for your helpful advice.