Moving Abroad In Need Of Despirate Visa Help

I'm a Citizen of Canada and looking to move to England. My partner is a British Citizen, and we plan on getting married at the end of 2013 or within the next few years.

I'd live to move to England on a work visa for the 2/3 years I need to live in England before I can apply for a duel Citizenship. I don't know what type of work Visa I should apply for though.

I have 8 years of construction experience, but I don't want to necessarily work in that area for the whole length of my stay. Could I apply as a skilled worker still? What Visa would I need to apply for to just work a regular job in a store or something?

I'm also interested in studying at College in England. In the future could I apply for a student visa while residing in England on a work Visa? Is that transfer possible?

Because of complications with my High School degrees I don't know if I'll 100% be able to get into College, so I don't want to get there to apply for a placement then be told I can't after paying for it all, hence why I'd like to get there on a work Visa before looking into studying.

If someone could let me know I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

It's impossible to get a work visa without advanced qualifications. However, as a Canadian citizen you could get a working holiday visa if you are aged 18 to 30. Otherwise it's either a spouse visa, fiance visa or student visa. It takes at least 5 years to get the right of permanent residence and then citizenship.

you should get married and avoid all the visa trouble. just saying.

So if I were to get married to my partner I could stay no matter what? Would I have to leave to get the right visas or would the need for them be excluded because I'd be married to a British Citizen?

Say if I were to go there for a few months, just to visa with no visa and got married in that time, would I be able to stay for years? Until I could apply for to become a permanent resident? It says that if a couple is married they need to live together for at least 2 years before the other can apply for a citizenship, would that be possible in this situation?

Marrying a UK citizen does not give you the automatic right to live in the UK. If you marry outside the UK you must apply for a spouse visa from the British Consulate before you can go live in the UK. If you want to marry in the UK and stay you must first apply for a fiance visa and then, after marriage, you apply for the spouse visa. If the marriage is still ongoing after 5 years, you can apply for a permanent resident's visa. It's not 2 years anymore - the rules were changed in 2012. You cannot go to the UK as a tourist and change status in-country. A spouse visa gives you the right to work. No employer is going to touch you without it as there is a £10,000 fine if they are caught employing an illegal foreign worker.

Hey,

Thank you, I was just reading about the Fiance Visa, that was very helpful. The issue is my Fiance, who is a British Citizen, is unable to work because of disability for the next year or so.

I read that you have to be earning 18,600 and not rely on public funds to be able to sponsor someone on a Fiance Visa, would that be an exception? I'd get work to provide for us ASAP, and we wouldn't be living in our own place until we were financially capable.

In the 5 years of the spouse visa, would I be able to study in college?

Yes, you can go to college/university but you would have to pay the international fees. You can only qualify for domestic fees after 3 years UK residence. Don't know about the other questions - you might try here: http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/how_to_fi … n_adviser/

Just remembered - as a Commonwealth citizen you might be able to get an ancestry visa. I think you need a British-born grandparent.