Visiting minnesota for couple of weeks

I will be visiting minneapolis next may ,ay;
could someone recommand to me a cheap hostel; preferably; near university of Minnestoa?
what to visit?
what to use for transportation?
by the way i need to know which type should i apply for: Visa types:
http://algiers.usembassy.gov/visa_types.html

thanks a lot

There are plenty of things to see and do in Minneapolis.  Nicollet Mall & the island, Hennepin Ave, Dinkytown, Boom Island/Mill Ruins Park, Lake Minnetonka, Minnehaha Park/Lake Hiawatha/Nokomis, Cedar Lake/Lake of the Isles/Calhoun/Harriet, Cowles Center and all kinds of theaters, Walker Center, Weisman Museum, MIA, Mall of America.

The Hiawatha Line goes from downtown all the way down to MOA.  Day passes and the Go-To card work on the light rail and buses.  Minneapolis is also a very good bike share city.  You can also walk along the skyways downtown.

I don't know about hostels, but there are a bunch of hotels near the Metrodome and Convention Center and a few on University Ave.  The university is in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in the city, so you won't find many cheap places to stay.

The type of visa you have depends on what you're doing.

Minneapolis was voted the number one bike friendly city in the US, so you might consider that if on a budget. There are bike racks all over the U area, where for a very modest fee, you can rent a bike. You will be right on the river. Follow the River Road South from the U area, and about 4 miles down, you'll find Minnehaha Park. Absolutely gorgeous, and much to see.
Safe Travels,
Neil

Hailey,
I grew up on Lake Nokomis, and still have a home on Lake Hiawatha. What a great place to grow up.
Stay Well,
Neil

I'm a cake eater.  I used to walk around Nokomis all the time.

Ahhhhh,
another Washburn alum. It has changed much in the past few years. New football field, which is beautiful. But, much turmoil in the education end. 2 principals dismissed for infractions.
I grew up down on The Lagoon of Nokomis.
Stay Well,
Neil

No, I'm a Hornet.  EHS also changed in the last few years, but I think for the better.

Oh....
They also called Washburn " The Cake Eaters " I guess because of the inner city schools , it was pretty affluent. But of course, that goes back to when you attended school in your own neighborhood.
I had a good childhood friend that was the girls gymnastics coach at EHS. To far back for you to have known him. He also had his own private school for gymnastics.
Stay Well,
Neil

I never took gymnastics anyway.

Anyone from the greater Edina area can be a cake eater.  I think it started in the '20s.  Also a little before my time.