Employment visa

Hi
I understand that when u get an employment visa you need the employers approval to travel out from Indonesia. Is that true?

It all depends on the visa you are issued. If you mean to get a working visa then yes, there is a practice here where you enter on a tourist visa and then your employer will send you out to Singapore within 30 days to have your passport stamped with a working visa. The type of visa you receive from your employer should depend on your requirements. Some offer it some don't.

Thanks for the same.  I just understood from one of the expat that once the work visa is on u need to get an approval from employer or else u will b stopped in immigration.

That is correct. If you have a single entry visa then you will need an additional stamp from immigration to let you out of the country and return. So your employer needs to arrange this otherwise there will lots of problems for you if you try to leave

Thank you very much for the feed back

There really is no such thing as a “working visa” in Indonesia.  Foreigners who work here have a temporary residency visa called a KITAS and a work permit called an IMTA.  Most employers of foreign workers sponsor the KITAS for the worker and they (the employer) arrange the work permit. 

This is an excellent site which explains the whole process:

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#IMTA

Yep it is, I refer to it a lot and it is updated often which is good

This is great, actually is recommended for the expats who are supposed to come to Indonesia for work. Thanks a lot

Thanks I am already having a multiple entry visa.  What all docs you normally need to extend the multiple visas?