Does anyone work for Al Khaleej Training and Education???

Hey Friend AGirlWithKaleidoscopeeyes,,,,
you can take help from the following informations:-

Address Al Khaleej Training and Education Tower
Olaya Street
Saudi Arabia

Floor: 5th Floor

City: Riyadh

City Suffix: 11351

Tel: +966 11-462-3260

Fax: +966 11-464-2074

Email: [email protected]

Beakersful wrote:
smurfette wrote:

Anyway, AETG has been around for some time---they're not a scam, they're just sketchy.

I'm not sure how telling another poster to be on his/her guard about Al Khaleej is the same as defending or advocating for these companies (and that includes AETG, EdEx, etc.)
-------------------------------------

We all agree companies don't operate like western companies do, but 'sketchy'?  Putting AETG in the same bag as EdEx?  :)

The major problems with AETG were real, or sometimes imagined, but the worst have been fixed after staffing changes a while back now.  Note the dates on the real complaints online.  They certainly can't be called 'sketchy' anymore and represent a fair option for working here in KSA.  It's not like many people are here for multiple contracts, lengthy periods, the work and wage here is a means to an end for most tutors.

The recent not-so-nice comments from a couple of posters on a thread about AETG say otherwise. Perhaps the company continues to have issues staying consistent.  Or they're over their heads in trying to deliver on their contracts with their clients.

Thanks to everyone for your posts!  I've also received an offer letter. Tabuk, Al Jouf, Al Khobar, and Riyadh are the cities that were mentioned on the offer letter as possible potentials where I'd be placed.

As one of you suggested I've been looking on Dave's ESL Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia, and I've only seen Joey's note thus far (I've not gone way back, still working on 6 months back) requesting info about this company.  I have found a wealth of info about Saudi in general here and have a lot more reading to do.

Can anyone share their perspective on cost of living and possible savings?  Also, being female, I want to get an idea as to how restrictive things really are?  Would it be possible for me to go hiking with a group of men and women, all westerners, but for a guide or two, say for a weekend in the hills or wilds of Saudi?  Is that even possible?  One wouldn't even ask that question here in the US.

Thanks!!!
;)

Try numbeo.com for cost of living etc.

There is all kinds of information on cost of living in this forum so I suggest you continue reading!

However, assuming that you have paid housing, paid utilities, etc., the only thing you have to pay money for is food and possibly internet. It's possible to save the rest.  Many women become mall rats (one of the few forms of available entertainment) and blow a lot of money on over-priced clothing/shoes/handbags, but that's up to you.  Many people make frequent trips to Dubai/Bahrain which are costly, but again that's up to you.

As for the other, anything is possible here if done on the 'down-low'!  Talk to your colleagues when you arrive.

Best of luck!

Alliecat

Are you still in KSA?  Girl friend, I thought you were leaving...  How long are you there now?   Hope all is well.  Who from the old group is still around?  Missing life over there to some degree...  :-)

We are living in VA now and Hubby is working from home.  Life is good but we would like to be taking another expat assignment somewhere.  Maybe sometime in the future will be again get lucky!

Take care of your self and keep in touch!  Please pass along a hello to the gang!

Thanks Alliecat.

I have the weekend to make my decision. I know there was a wave of posts from folks who'd received job offers from Al Khaleej over the past couple of months.  It would be great to have an update, both the good and bad. Also realities of working for Al Khaleej.  David Summers had provided some great info in June, just seeing if anything has changed on that front.  I assume some of the folks are in KSA by now? 

In doing research, I have been scouring Dave's ESL, looking for info on Al Khaleej.  I only see the post making an inquiry on them from Joey, who posted on here as well looking for info last month? 

Lastly, for those of you who went through Skyline for Al Khaleej.  Can you tell me if an Obligation letter was a part of your contract suite of documents?  If so, what was it for or what did it say?  I asked for a sample contract and I got it.  What I didn't know is there were other doc's needed and the contract was actually a part of a suite of doc's that are required.

Thanks everyone!

@FLYJ  Wow, the contract is only the beginning.  The rest can take months.

Below is a link to the visa company I used in the USA (paid for by my sponsor).  It lists everything you need to do.

http://saudi-arabia.travisa.com/TVSVisa … rtnerID=DR

Good luck!

I have managed to find an old email with step-by-step directions and hope it will be helpful.  These directions are from 2009, however and might have changed (at the time, the Saudi Embassy was just implementing an additional electronic application).  Oh and I should add that the embassy insisted that I present a letter of release from my current job in the USA, too!!!

Saudi work visa requirements for US citizens without training certificates but with higher education degree.

The following is required of each candidate:

1.Passport (valid for more than six months) having two empty, side-by-side visa pages with no markings at all on those pages.
2. One Saudi visa application form (you can download from our website: www.diranvisa.com)
3. Four passport-size photos on a white background
4. Police clearance report from the US
5. Copy of college/university degree *
    You must have your diploma verified from either www.degreeverify.org or, www.degreechk.com.
Make sure you print-out the verification and attach it to your diploma.
6. Updated official transcript in sealed envelope*
7. Medical Report -- three copies (you can download from our website). Make sure the employee has complete physical and lab tests as indicated on the front sheet of the Medical Report. Original lab results (and two copies) MUST accompany the medical report form. The original x-ray is not to be sent – only the radiologist's reading of the x-ray. Doctor must sign in the original on each of the three copies, making note of his/her license number, address, phone number and fax number. The Medical report must be done in the U.S., unless the candidate has privileges at the U.S. Military Base abroad. The medical report and lab work are good for only 90 days.

Notes:
You must provide a copy of your letter of offer or contract with your visa application material.

If you have worked in Saudi Arabia at any point within the last three years, you must provide a Letter of No Objection from your previous employer.

If you have an Israeli entry/exit visa stamp in your passport, we suggest you obtain a new passport.

* See Below for Application for Authentication of Documents
The following sample is the to be used by those employees who have graduated from US colleges/universities only.  Each candidate must write a letter to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Education Section requesting authentication of their diploma.

Application For Authentication of Document (copy of diploma)

Name of Employee: [candidate's name]
Name of the Employer:
Name of the Courier Agency: Diran Visa Service

The following documents are needed:

1. A letter from the individual, stating the reason for authentication, with a contact number (e.g., "I have accepted a position with _________ as [job title] and I would like to legalize my degree so that I may apply for a work visa.)
2. Copy of your passport
3. Authorization letter from the applicant to allow Saudi Mission to obtain information about his academic record.
4. Name of the college/university and telephone # of the registrar or the records office.
5. Verification letter from the registrar's office at the college/university including your SS# (school ID#) and the telephone # of the contact person at the registrar's/record's office. This letter must be in a sealed envelope.

In terms of having your university degree authenticated, be aware the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) requires a letter from your university's registrar indicating if your degree coursework was completed via online, distance learning, or face-to-face.  If you do an Internet search on sacm degree application for authentication, it will bring up a pdf outlining the most recent instructions for degree authentication. (This is for the US; the process and requirements for Britons may differ.)

Thanks for all the info, Alliecat and Smurfette! 

I had a general question around female dress code while teaching.   Not sure if either of you may know.  I realize it also may depend upon the educational institution too.  For female teachers, do they have to wear the Abaya while teaching if they are wearing dress slacks?  I've read a couple places that women have to wear a long skirt, or keep the Abaya on while teaching class in dress slacks?  I've asked this question to the recruiter a couple of different ways and the last response was that it is not required to wear the Abaya in class if I happen to have dress slacks on.

Thank you!!!

Generally, you'd wear the following while teaching (without abaya):

- long, ankle-length skirt or dress
- loose-fitting top that covers the chest (no cleavage) and most of your arms

I'm thinking about going to KSA to teach. I can put up with just about anything. I will be working for Al Khaleej. I really just want to know, do they pay on time, or will they jerk me around?

@Kevin
My first check was (nearly a month) late.  But the two checks since then have been on time.  I hear this is typical.  And although I don't think it's at all professional for a company to pay it's employees late, I get why it happens.  If, as you say, little bothers you, I suspect you won't mind (too much) the (likely)delay on your first check.

hy i am working with al khaleej since 2010. the comapny is very very good . dealings with employees r great . they help u in all context.u will face no problem over salary . they r never late and very fair in dealings. if u face problem at ur workplace u can directly speak to company or ur project manager .they solve issues and help a lot.i love this company and working environment very great not too much burden .

@rashida1970 I have been dealing with Waleed for months--and at least he is a _terrible_ liar. That said, he never replies in writing to anything (so smart on his side of things).

I was thinking about writing his supervisor--but apparently this is a waste of time? (How is your direct supervisor?)

Did you have any issues with travel arrangements and reimbursement? What was your reception like once you arrived? And what is your housing like (or really, if any women could speak on this, I would appreciate it)?

Are there companies you now wish you had worked for?

hy good to see u here actually m not on khaleej visa . m residing in riyadh for about seven years. n with khaleej first year with dr. ubaal n waleed then changes took place n ghassan became project manager. my experience reall very good . this week i left job bcz company wants me to transfer sponsership n thats single status job. means without kids. so i decided to stay with my husband sponsership. i reall enjoyed my time .i wish to work with khaleej . recently i interacted with edex v non professional . anyways stay in touch

Does anyone here have experience with your degree not being authenticated by the Saudi Cultural Mission (I think that's who does it)? I had sent all my documents to the travel agency to get the visa, but they called and reported that my degree could not be authenticated by some Saudi thing. They did not say why, but they said unless the decision gets changed, I cannot try to get the visa. Any advice?

What is the full name (English and Arabic) of "ghassan"?

[moderated: off topic.]

Csn you write that in Arabic? Or give me link to a profile on any social networking site?

beebopba wrote:

Does anyone here have experience with your degree not being authenticated by the Saudi Cultural Mission (I think that's who does it)? I had sent all my documents to the travel agency to get the visa, but they called and reported that my degree could not be authenticated by some Saudi thing. They did not say why, but they said unless the decision gets changed, I cannot try to get the visa. Any advice?

You didn't state what your degree major is, but if it's considered to be unrelated to TEFL, then yes, you're likely to have issues getting it authenticated.  If your degree was completed via distance/online, then you're likely to have the same issue as well.  Inform your employer/HR contact person of this problem, but be aware you may be out of luck in securing an employment visa for legal employment (at this time).

I have a BS in English and Intercultural Studies, and I was a traditional, on campus student. This major is basically designed for teaching English overseas. What else do you think the reason could be for rejection of authentication? Of course I'm working with Al Khaleej and all to try to resolve this. Anyway, if I can't secure an employment visa, what are the other options?

beebopba wrote:

I have a BS in English and Intercultural Studies, and I was a traditional, on campus student. This major is basically designed for teaching English overseas. What else do you think the reason could be for rejection of authentication? Of course I'm working with Al Khaleej and all to try to resolve this. Anyway, if I can't secure an employment visa, what are the other options?

I don't know what university you attended, but upon doing an Internet search, I found that quite a few universities with your particular degree program tend to be Christian-mission focused.   If that describes your university program, then I suspect that's the issue. 

On the other hand, if that's not the case, then it could be that on the surface, your program doesn't appear to relate to TEFL.  Frankly, my MA major doesn't either, however, my transcript clearly shows completion of eight, TEFL-related courses (including a practicum).  My degree was quickly authenticated a few years ago, so I would guess yours should have gone through without a hitch as well.

So where does that leave you in regard to employment in Saudi Arabia?  I have no clue; that's between you and Al Khaleej at this point.  But if your degree fits that first scenario...

HI!
Have you arrived and is it what you expected? I am in the same boat you were in...I have also been given the contract with no specifics and am leaving April 12th..ish..for the same AL Khaleej Training Center...Is it a good idea to continue? Are you happy?
I would appreciate anything you can tell me!!
Thanks!
Tereze

good  lock

can you be more specific...my job is actually with Rowad international kindergarten...anyone know anything about them? They are part of the training center...

I  also have a job offer and now a contract to sign. It is also with ALTE but it is for the new kindergarten. They have an Arabian principal and also an american. The pay is 3000 a month with two months off with pay.
Is anyone working at the kindergarten?

Any response from those who recently started with Alte? I've started the visa process but wont be investing financially into medical exam etc till I receive my contract, although I've received the offer letter. From the research I've done saudi employers pull out whenever it suits them,
Skyline has set a tentative for 9 August, I can see that wont be happening. As long as we know what to expect I'm sure we can be patient as we will need tons of it adapting to the culture. As long as they are legit, I can work through the red tape,
Any South Africans moved with alte recently?

My first assignment as an esl, it's proving interesting.
Thank you to those with objective comments.

Hi, I received my contract. You may send me a pm here.

come in private message plz

zied22871 wrote:

come in private message plz

As a new member could you please introduce yourself to the forum. You will not be able to use the PM system until you have actively participated on the forum and offered a number of posts. This is to stop spammers.

He sent me a private message, so I guess he isn't a spammer??

In any event I'm selective about who I continously communicate directly with.

Be safe, be blessed.

Regards

Hi All,

My name is Zainab Sardar & i live in Pakistan, I have done masters in Library & information sciences + degree in education as well.Currently i am working as Librarian and have 4 years of relevant  experience I really wish to work for Alkhalij Company especially in Riadh branch. Any body who can help me finding one suitable position or provide me some information about getting one,,, :top:

zainab i m also from Peshawar. i have sent u pm pls check.

thanx.

Hi everyone,

This is my third year in Saudi, working for AlKhaleej.

I would be happy to answer any questions about my experience here.

Thank you,
Kristy

Hi!
I have a few questions. To start, do you teach? I am asking because I am thinking about taking a teaching job there.
Thank you,
Kevin

I was place by Skyline at a university in Al-Riyadh.
I was wondering, I asked for place in a compound. I was told (by Skyline ) that. AlKhaleej said it wouldn't be a problem. But I don't have it in writing. I don't know if I can trust them. After reading all the posting on the web I don't know if I can trust anything. 

Also, I have never taught ESL. I have taught English, but not in this way.  Do they have training sessions?  Will there be an outline or a lesson plan to work from? What are the students like? Will there be other teacher that I can talk with and learn from? Will they pay me on time or will they jerk me around?

Most of all, I'm leaving everything to move to a country and culture that is completely different from mine. So I'm concerned.  I don't want to get there and fail.

Hi,  are you there?...
Kevin

Hi, I'm here.

I've worked for AlKhaleej for 3 years.  I taught for 2 years in Dammam before moving to Riyadh, where  I am the Director of a small elementary school.

The housing won't be an issue.  I've lived on a compound the entire time I've been here.  You may live with your coworkers.  If so you'll have plenty of time to learn from them, but you may live on a compound that houses expats from lots of different companies.  If so, there will probably be a few teachers either from AlKhaleej or other schools that live on the same compound.  You can use the opportunity to exchange ideas for teaching and expand your social network.  Riyadh has a very tightly knit expat population, so I'm sure you'll find many friends along the way.

The curriculum and lessons are already planned for you.  You will have an orientation to review the materials and be introduced to various policies and procedures before you start. 

The majority of the students are Saudi.  I haven't taught in the University projects, but my experience with the children is that they're very enthusiastic about learning English and their parents are extremely supportive.

I've always been paid on the first of the month.  My first paycheck was a check and subsequent ones have been direct deposited into my Saudi bank account.

I can honestly say, based on conversations with other expats, I'm very happy I came to Saudi with AlKhaleej.  I've had a very positive experience here.  I feel that the company is very supportive toward me and my efforts.