Residing in Andalucia

I would like to know...from anyone who may have the information (the legalities)on what do I need to reside & retire...in Andalucia?  Our plsn of course is to test the waters by taking a longer vacation than we have done in the past...when I was still working.  Now that I am retired, we are free to come and go and stay as long as we want.
My wife and I have taken many short-term vacations to Andalucia and gotten to love the place.  We love the people, the food, and the easy, laid back life in that region...and of course, the climate also.  We are totally adapted to the way of life there...and we both speak Spanish fluently.  We are  both U.S. citizens...and currently residing in the far corner of the northwest region of the U.S....in a little town called, Blaine...right next to the Canadian border.  To anyone who cares to reply....thank you very much.

Frederic

Hello Frederic

You can find some information on this website:
Anglo Info Costa del Sol http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/

From personal experience I recommend you consult a professional firm to help you, as it is more complicated for a non-EU passport holder.  We found this firm good: Bocanegra, they are based in Marbella. http://www.bocanegra.com/web/indexen.html

When you come to purchasing property I can recommend a good Spanish lawyer.

I wish you good luck for your move.

Sonja

Muchisimas gracias, Sonja-  I will check out the website.

Hi, if you are still looking to live in Andalusia with the new Golden Visa you can. *******
Regards, Giovanni

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not advertise on the forum. Post your ad in the Housing section please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, there!

I would suggest visiting the Spanish Consulate closest to your home (US) location to get the current requirements for the different type of visas available to Americans.

Then, refer to the US State Department, and Social Security (if age applicable) websites for more specific-to-US-citizen guidance.

Laws and requirements are very different for US and EU citizens.  The many variables that may apply to both EU and US citizens, (tourist, student, working/employment/lucrative, retirement/jubilacion) are each handled differently by each source country.

I attended University in Madrid (La Complutense) and had to go to the US Consulate in my home city to apply for  a student visa at the time.  That requirement has not changed; the visa still has to be applied for from one's home country, if not part of the EU.

There are many easily accessible resources -- Suerte!

;)